THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

I was still working PT when I fractured my hip. Tried going back to work last Spring & after a couple of weeks I realized the physical part of the job was too much for me.
I'm lucky to have a partner that can "take up the financial slack" but I'm fiercely independent & do not like depending on anyone.
I'll be 72 in February but still would like to find something PT just to keep busy. I'm currently dog sitting a couple of days a week & that gives me some extra spending cash but would like a regular income stream at some point.
It's never too late to recreate yourself!
I wish you the best.

Has the THR triggered you to reevaluate life? I am a year post operation now for one hip and will eventually need to have the other hip done. Been back at work since week 6 and it’s becoming clear I don't enjoy it after many years in the the career. The THR reminds me that I am no longer young. Perhaps it's time to done something else.
My decision to have my THR and the second was planned so I could retire and not have to have a career. I'm so happy I have to sit on my hands to keep me from waving to everyone I see.

YOU ARE MY HERO!
Your 72nd birthday is coming up and still kicking butt, if you hear me complain about ANYTHING just give me a little tap on the shoulder to make me stop, lol.
Thanks Danelady, I decided early in my teen years NEVER to depend on a man! I watched my Mother sit & wait for my Dad (who was a great guy), come and drop off $10-$20 to her so she could go get a few things. I started working at 13 and always enjoyed making my own $$$. Even after marrying & having 2 kids I always worked. And when I was in my 40's landed an excellent job in Corporate America.
My partner now is amazing, I could never had made it through these last two years w/o him & it took me awhile to come to accept the help. But he tells me "this is OUR $$." We have never co-mingled our finances. We are together 20 years but never married, no interest for either of us.
Getting ready for 2 week vacation but when I come back I'm definitely going to look for PT work. I'm 100% fine & no reason not to have a little job. Just can't lift heavy stuff but cashier job at local grocery store could be my speed! And I notice so many seniors working there now.
We will see.
As far as me being your hero...you are mine! You have been through sooo much! I wish you healing & only good times ahead.

I was still working PT when I fractured my hip. Tried going back to work last Spring & after a couple of weeks I realized the physical part of the job was too much for me.

For me, the THR seems to be a wake up call. I have been working at a well paying career, that I just admitted to myself, I hate. I want to try to something new, but am also afraid. I don’t want to finish my working years being worn daily with work that drains me and serves no purpose to the world. The THR remained me that my clock is ticking.

For me, the THR seems to be a wake up call. I have been working at a well paying career, that I just admitted to myself, I hate. I want to try to something new, but am also afraid. I don’t want to finish my working years being worn daily with work that drains me and serves no purpose to the world. The THR remained me that my clock is ticking.
I can appreciate your feelings! I was "forced" into retirement way too early financially and emotionally due to several medical "issues" and realized the same. Good pay, career I once loved but at the end started to despise... Then dealing with the health issues for several years to culminate in the hip replacement which I realized was beyond necessary during a "vacation" to Waikiki where I could barely walk to the beach when my hotel was literally on the beach... changes were necessary! Surgery on April 8 2022, had all the usual issues..."not healing right? not healing fast enough? over did it... a few times" But after a year, I jettisoned my old life and home and am much happier with where I am now! Not for everyone, but I'm happy!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieW
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom