Patellectomy No Kneecaps and a TKR<

@beachy, the ultra sound is helping my tendonitis, but the pain at the upper tibia has me back on the meds every few days. With the tendonitis being better, my night pains are less! I would recommend ultrasound for anyone who has tendonitis! Mine is at least 50% better! Thank you for asking!

How are you and hubby doing?

That's great about the ultrasound! Not so good about the tibia.

We are well. He's better everyday. And today was the first day I was totally pain free. Wish I could send some of that your way!

And today was the first day I was totally pain free. Wish I could send some of that your way!
Yippee for pain-free! That is really saying something at being only 5.5 months out!

I have two more ultrasound treatments. I pray that the inflammation stays away! Being back on 1/2 pill a day has helped the tibia pain lessen. I've been praying to get totally off on it, but it's in His timing or Will!

I'm might be 5.5 months out, but haven't had all the knee surgeries like you. Mine was just a plain old tkr LOL!
Maybe you will turn the corner after Lent. I hope it's sooner, but I've found when I've been struggling with something it's with me for the Lenten season. Does that make sense? Or do you now think I'm totally wacko? :rotfl:

I understand exactly what you are talking about and I never thought about it like that. Now, is not the time to be concentrating so much on my ailments. Easter will be here in 5 weeks. Boy, does time fly. We all can be so much better by then! Spring is a time of renewal and rebirth. We all in this recovery can look forward to that!

I don't think you are concentrating on your ailments. You are in pain.
I truly hope your pain is resolved soon enough that you can enjoy the Spring and Easter.
Happy Spring!.....oh wait, it's not official until 5:58 pm.

Spring is coming in with rain here, but a little warmer temps. Now, for those hot and muggy days to stay away! I'm not a happy camper in the humidity.

I'm happy with the way the ultrasound has helped my tendon. It's about 50% better. She also applied Kinesiology Tape yesterday. I have no idea if it's helping or not. The knee itself was bad last night, so I wonder if it was the Tape or just being off of the Diclofenac. I had to take a whole pill today. I had skipped them yesterday and only 1/2 pills for the previous 4 days. It could worse. My dosage is supposed to be 2 pills a day, so I'm doing better than prescribed! Tonight will be better. Tomorrow is my last ultrasound. I think I'll order some tape from Amazon just in case it helps.

My chiropractor in Ohio taped my back a bunch of times. I liked it. She had tape in fun colors. She even posted on Facebook once that she was about ready to place an order and listed several colors for us to vote on. She was the best chiropractor ever and I miss her so much. She was the hardest person to leave when we moved away from Ohio.

The first time I used it on my knee it seemed to help. After that it didn’t. If you were closer I’d give you mine, I don’t use it now.

And just an FYI, I also ordered the sensitive skin tape and it didn’t stay on well.

@Jockette, I ordered the regular, skin colored tape. Who knows if it works or not, but I plan on giving it a chance. Maybe you could try it on your knee. What do you have to lose?

My old knee is misbehaving this morning, hurting to walk on it. I pray it's just weather related since we're having lots of rain. I can't do anything with that one until I know the new one will be alright.

I'm so disappointed in the amount of pain relief I've gotten with this replacement. But, I can hike and ride my bike almost pain free now. I couldn't do that before the surgery, so I shouldn't complain, but I still do. I was hoping for no pain!

I hope you get this resolved soon. :fingersx:
We drove to the beach today in the worst rain I've ever seen!!
It's not raining here now but we have gale force winds coming off the ocean. I told Jockette I had to sandbag Tootsie!

I told Jockette I had to sandbag Tootsie!

Maybe Tootsie can learn to fly

Who or what is Tootsie?

I had my last ultrasound treatment yesterday. I have been surprised with my positive outcome with this. I was very skeptical of it doing any good, but it has. The therapist yesterday said that the ultrasound was just a bandaid treatment and that I should have done the exercises. Oh well, maybe that 'bandaid' helped the tendon to repair some and not be so painful. It's hard to see exercises doing that. I'm glad I went and had the ultrasound done!

I go for a CT scan of the spur on the top of my foot Monday morning. It's on the left foot, so has nothing to do with my bones breaks in 2017. I'll see what the OS says about what is found. I had a spur on my healed filed down about 10 years ago right in the doctor's office and had great results after the initial healing time. Unfortunately, he has left the area, so I can't go back to him. My OS will also have to remove the core of the cyst, so the surgery will be a bit more involved.

My old knee is so much better this morning. Yay! Even after having a pretty busy day yesterday it has calmed down. Thank you, Lord!

Tootsie is Beachy’s tiny dog. She’s very susceptible to wind!

That's great news Sistersinhim. I'm so pleased the ultrasound helped and you have improvement in that knee.

I’m glad the ultrasound helped. :happydance:

Good news! Glad you're getting some relief. Now on to the foot!

Tootsie is a 7 lb rescue pup that looks more like a cross between a racoon and a monkey. When it's this windy out it blows her over. She's a funny little thing.

When it's this windy out it blows her over. She's a funny little thing.
Oh my goodness, my cats are bigger than she is! She sounds adorable. My long-haired kitty hates the wind and runs in the house with just a little of a breeze. When it is windy, I do get all my kitties in cause it'd blow them over, too.

When I see the OS for the foot I'm going to ask for a shot for my old knee. It's acting up again. My foot has also pained for the last 2 days, too. It must be getting ready for its center of attention. Rain aggravates both my knee and foot. But, not new knee. It hurts only with extreme weather changes or if I move it wrong.

At the Y this morning one of the exercises was to lean one knee on a bench and then stand with the other to do the arm weights. There is no way under the sun my new knee will tolerate any leaning on it. I tried it and it was extremely painful. I was really hoping to be able to use a knee scooter after the foot surgery, but that ain't gonna happen. Of course, if it's a minor surgery, like I'm hoping it'll be, I'll be able to just use my cane!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back