THR My recovery thread.

Best of luck on Thursday, allena.
Please let us know how it goes.
I saw my OS at 3 weeks, 3 months and then at one year. It varies from surgeon to surgeon how often they want to see you after surgery.
@allena

I'm wondering how,long it will take for the hip to feel normal.right now it's still numb where it was cut open and the area around the cut is,still sore.it doesn't feel like my hip.it doesn't really bother me.im just curious.

The doc appointment went well.ill be seeing him in a month.i got a cortisone shot for my problem left knee.with any luck it will feel better in a couple of days.

I had numbness...fairly large area that got smaller and less numb as months went on.
But I still had a "patch" of numbness in one leg as long as 6 months out.
I figured it was probably permanent...but it also is back to normal.

Yep, I had some numbness too in a few areas for months afterward. All good now though.
Glad your appt went well. I hope the knee injection brings you relief soon.
A great weekend to you! The temps dropping here, it's going to be a cold one!
@allena

It will be mild and rainy tomorrow and really cold the following 2 days it is supposed to snow abit. I hope you have a good weekend too.
The knee has been keeping me from walking too far.it acts up before the hip.

It sounds like you’re doing great. As for restrictions, I didn’t have any but still couldn’t bend over to pick something off the floor for about 5–6 weeks. Even now, at a jaunty 7 weeks I find it difficult and sometimes undoable. I also need to use an aid to put on socks. I tried to wear tights but just couldn’t figure out how to get them on. So, either way, this is a process with many bumps, but at least we’re going in the right direction.

Loved the sock aides and clothing with elastic over the head on/off no stepping in was a great relief and less frustrating. :thumb:

it will be 10 weeks since the surgery come monday.2 more weeks and hopefully I can tie my shoes.

Yes,those things are helpful.It's good to be be able to get dressed easier.Still it will be so wonderful to not need to use a sock helper.I can't wait.

Ten weeks already?!!!
Wow, can't believe it, but I'm sure you can.
You may or may not be able to tie your shoes in two weeks, but it will come.
Setting aside the Recovery Aids we no longer need is a great feeling :yes!:
I'm happy for you in the progress you're making, allena.
Hope your evening is a good one. Stay warm!
@allena

10 weeks and counting... every week will bring more and more progress until walking becomes easy and not another thought to how a few months back each step was a conscious effort.:flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member