THR My recovery thread.

@mojo333.youre welcome.
@Layla .better sweet than bitter.
It will be cold and snowing actually so sadly there will be no sun.it was sunny today though.

But....just think how good you'll be feeling by Spring!

I noticed you mentioned in one of your posts above that in one months time you can finally get back to normal, whatever that will be for you. Please remember that while you'll be enjoying the freedom of no longer being under restrictions, you'll still be noticing progress for months to come. Something you struggle with one month, might be doable another month. It can take up to a full year for recovery. Some docs say even longer.
So there are good things to come, allena! :happydance:
@allena

Hi @allena
I started off with short walks from the beginning and gradually built up by doing daily. My hip has appreciated the workout though my spine is not so keen.
I use my crutches but about to drop to one so will shorten length. Gradual works best for me.
I found myself smiling when you said you would like to sleep on operated side as although I can now I seem to revert to being on my back most mornings when I wake :heehee:
Like you looking forward to being able to put on non slip on shoes !
Onwards and upwards

@layla.That's good to know.
@cathippy.I'm glad you can roll over on youre operated side.You have to have dreams .It's a goal.

I am doing better than I thought I would truth be told.

That’s great to hear. And as Layla said, you have spring to look forward to. I was pleased to have my op in December, so I could get the lying around part out of the way while the weather isn’t so good and I wouldn’t miss any of the spring. We’ll both have a new spring in our step this year!

Hi @allena Great to read about your progress and standing at the hymnal singing!! Wonderful!! You sound like you are making good steady progress.

Don't worry about what the booklet says. We all progress at our own rate. I find comparing myself to others just makes me grumpy!!

Have a great weekend :SUNsmile:

I have noticed that I curse more since I'm not supposed to bend very far.its SO frustrating. I hate not being able to pick things up!I'll be glad when I no longer have this restriction.i understand why I must follow it,but it really,really sucks.:gaah:

Cursing allowed, just not in public....or church, lol.

Do you have a Grabber? You have to have a Grabber. It was my most fave, most used, most
I Can't Live Without This Thing recovery aid I had. I think I'm going to have it Bronzed!:heehee:
Have a good evening, allena
@allena

Lol.yes.i have 3.i was complaining because I have been clumsy today.i have been irratated with myself. I dropped my saucer and the only way I could pick it up was to use my long handled dust pan and my broom to sweep it up .

Aren't we pathetic in recovery, allena? I thought so.
Some days I'd just laugh at my sorry ol self to keep from this > :bawl:
Whatever gets you through....

@swamphiker.I was reading that you had no restrictions.I am SO envious.You were very lucky.I won't be able to bend all the way over till a full three monthes after the surgery.

:wave:
Hope today is a good day for you
Thought about you when my daughter sent me this sweet pic of her and Golly, her cat.
I'm a dog person but it is sweet

Attachments

• rps20190114_083412.jpg
    rps20190114_083412.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 110
I'll be seeing my os on thursday.I am not sure how long after that I'll need to see him again.Probably not for awhile.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562