Ankle lshjr's ankle replacement

lshjr

Country
United States United States
I am not familiar with the format of this forum and apologize if I am in the wrong location. I had total ankle replacement last week using the Infinity replacement model and wanted to see if anyone else has recently had that same surgery?

thanks

@lshjr Welcome to BoneSmart! I moved your post to your own thread where more members will see it and respond. I am sure others will stop by soon to share their experience.

Don't think we've had a member have a total ankle replacement - you're the first!

So how's it going thus far?

Hi
I had a TAR in may 2003. Unfortunately it needed to be revised in January 2005.
I would be happy to answer any questions that you have. Just am now coming up on 7 months from my April 12 RTHR. I'm convinced all the trauma of my TARs of my left ankle resulted in my needing the THR.
Anyway good luck on your recover. Ice and elevate and rest. I Sm happy to answer any questions that you may have. It is really hard connecting with TAR people

I am slow to pick up the format of this forum so I apologize. I am now 24 days post surgery. At my 2 wk visit, the cast/bandage was removed, but the Dr. wanted to leave the sutures in for another 10 days. Upon removal of the cast, I had zero pain. The pain was caused mostly by the cast pushing on the wounds. I have an additional inscision on the inside of my ankle where some bone spurs were removed and my achilles tendon lengthened. I was provided a walking boot and began 1/3 weight bearing this week. I have very mild pain, no additional swelling and the only real pain is from ROM exercises which I do regularly. I am amazed at the progress of recovery and I have no ankle pain which I had for many years. Pretty awesome procedure.

@lshjr you are doing just fine with the forum. Well done on your recovery! Sounds like you are well on the way to no more ankle pain.

Can you give me the exact date of your surgery please? I will put it in your signature for you.

Thanks for posting your surgery date. You should now see it in your signature.

How are you doing? Please give us an update when you can.

Still doing well. Getting sutures out tomorrow then 2/3 weight bearing on wed of next week.

How does your ankle feel - stable? We are all interested in your progress being the first ankle replacement we have had on this site.

5 week checkup and X-ray today. Dr. Says everything looks perfect, ROM good, little swelling, zero pain. Started full weight bearing today (actually cleated and started Monday). Out of walking boot to small ankle brace. Trying not to overdo and take it easy. Doing 3 PT sessions over 3 weeks, then just do what the pain will allow. Honestly, this process has been much better than I anticipated and the results just off the charts. I owe it all to Dr. Anderson. He is clearly one of the best.

@lshjr sounds like you are doing really well. So glad this was easier than you expected. I am sure your updates will encourage others to go down this route if needed.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks