• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Introduction - LTKR - 1-24-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

carousel66

graduate
I just found this forum and have found it very useful!
I'm almost 3 weeks post op and this experience has been LIFE changing for me.
I think things are going well,
I'm now walking 15 min (or .5 miles) on my treadmill, and 15 min on my stationary bike 1 or 2x a day.(and slowly working up the time) I have PT 3 times a week and I think it is going well, I'm at 0 and 112 degrees as of yesterday.
I with the support of my PT I have set a goal to walk a 5k on April 9th! (8 weeks from today!)
I'm still amazed at what my new knee can do, it was more "useful" than my original model 36 hours after my surgery!
I think for the most part my recovery has been good, uneventful.
I used to be an avid walker but it has been years since I could go for a 'walk'
I am so grateful for my new "boinic" knee! I really do feel like I'm getting my life back.
So this is really just an introduction, I am enjoying reading all the posts.

Welcome to the forum! I am glad to hear how well you are doing. This is a great place to ask questions and get answers from some very knowledgeable people---Josephine, Jamie, Jaycie, and others have a wealth of info and knowledge.

Please keep us posted as to how things are going---it is indeed a life-changing type of surgery.

Tim C.

Hi, carousel66.....welcome to the BoneSmart family! I'm so glad you found our forum and pleased that you are benefiting by reading the posts here.

All in all it sounds like you ARE doing really well. That's always great to hear. But as you go along, should you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post them. We are here to help you in whatever way we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads