Revision THR Golfer67 Recovery Thread

I had my 6 week checkup after my ITB release last Thursday it had really been 7 weeks but still the same it was a follow-up to see how I am doing. My doctor was very happy with my progress, he told me to keep going to Physical Therapy for as long as I need to as long as the therapy is helping and scheduled an appointment for around the 6 month mark after the surgery. As far as how I am feeling I seem to be getting better every day and I think the ITB release has cured me and I only need to continue the physical therapy for a while longer before I will be totally over this long ordeal. I am very thankful that I found The Southern Joint Replacement Institute in Nashville after my original surgery did not go well because it appears that they have fixed all my problems and I will soon be past this bump in the road of my life. The original hip replacement was in August of 2020 so I have been dealing with problems for 2 years and 8 months so I am very happy to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

Golfer67

@golfer67 This is excellent news. Yes, you certainly have been on what my daughter calls the “struggle bus.” I’m glad it looks like your recovery bus stop is within sight. Continued healing blessings and don’t be a stranger. We’d love to hear about any future updates.

Wonderful! Can't even imagine how happy and hopeful you must be feeling. Please continue to update, will be interesting to hear from you and see how you continue to do.

@golfer67

Imagine if you would have accepted the pain. You would have lived like that forever. I guess to 2yrs and 8mnths is nothing. If you compare it to the doctors making you accept your pain forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
@golfer67
Thanks so much for your description of events. I am in a similar boat I think, except after hip resurfacing and revision surgeries for gluteal tear. I would love to message you direct but can't seem to through the site.... was wondering about pain level prior to its release etc....

I tagged golfer 67 for you @Kdg1123
He was last on the forum on April 9th, so hopefully he gets your message and responds.
Check back every so often to see. :)

If you'd like to start a thread and tell a bit of your story, I'm certain you'll receive a lot of support from others.
Please join us!
Starting a new thread and posting

I will, thank you Layla. I think it will help me quite a bit on the emotional side.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom