Spine E104036's SI fusion Recovery

E104036

Country
United States United States
I had spinal fusion lumbar in 2006 two levels-very rough surgery took a couple of years for me to resume most activities and it was a rough recovery. Having said that it was worth it as before I could not walk without a walker. In 2019 I started experiencing g significant issues with right buttocks with severe pain when I tried to lift my foot to walk — and almost the same time, my left buttocks started the same symptoms with nerve pain that traveled down to my knee. Finally after four years of trying everything, I had si joint fusion in October of 2023- I am still recovering g but finally seeing daylight, however now my right side si joint is becoming worse and worse. Had to drag my foot mostly today because I could not lift it without significant pain. I have appt next week for another follow up— I’m concerned because , well I’m worried about having another surgery and the pain in my hips is awful. Sleeping does not come easy because any pressure on my hips is enough to wake me and make me move! I am glad I got the one side done because albeit slow, I am getting better but now the other side is once again causing significant problems. Anyone else have a similar story.

Last edited:
@E104036, I moved out of a really old thread and started a new thread for you. No one had been to that thread since 2021. If you would like a new title please let us know.

Please let us know the date of your SI fusion. I will add that date to your signature.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bassetmom
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom