Spine Complications after Spinal Surgery

tnyledford

Country
United States United States
I hope someone can help it’s late and don’t want to go to ER. I had surgery on the 2nd of this month. Great amount of blood loss,two dura tears,a thunder clap headache after trying to come up after first 24 hrs flat. Spent another 24 flat. 5 day stay at hospital then 14 days in rehab hospital. Was walking with walker until 3rd day when I started having severe spasms in left leg(has been numb from knee to ankle since surgery and buckles at extension since surgery) at which time they moved me to wheelchair. I stopped pain meds 3rd day of hospital but still continue muscle relaxers and nerve pain meds. My thighs have hurt and been discolored since surgery. I continue the lighter headaches. On 3rd day I also started a headache and had panic attack thinking I was going to have the big one. After I calmed down I went to shower and sat on chair. I had my friend who would stand by door and ask if I was ok every minute or so. He heard a loud noise and came in . I had lost consciousness and was unresponsive. I was transported to Er where they did MRI and found two pockets of fluid pressing against theca sack and in area of one of the tears. I was sent back to rehab. Finished my time sent home to 5 days a week pt to start the 28th. I’ve been fine. No back pain at all since 2nd day . Only hips groin. Thighs and left leg. I shake if up to much. I did start using walker and have done great . No problems as long as I don’t over extend leg. Then tonight right above my incision I have hard knot. I’m most positive it’s verd either top of fusion or next up. It’s pushed out about the size of a cherry. I suddenly hurt in back. Hurts to lay. To move , my leg groin foot hurt on left side. Bad headache. I feel stiff. I’ve laid down kept ice no change. I’m not sure how to add pics of what was done so I will type it. Would be great if someone has advise.

IMG_0127.png

@tnyledford Welcome to BoneSmart! So sorry you have had such a rough time post op. Recovery from spinal surgery can be very tricky!

Unfortunately as we do not know your full medical details we really can not advise you except to recommend you do go to ER. The headaches and swelling you are experiencing are concerning and should be addressed.

Please keep us updated!

Let me second Jaycee’s recommendation. The type of symptoms you mention are serious and you should be in the hands of medial professionals immediately. Please call your surgeon’s office to alert them and tell them you’re going to the ER. When you head to an Emergency Room, make sure it’s the one in the hospital where your surgeon practices. That way he will be easily available for a consultation, if needed.

Please let us know how things go.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bassetmom
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom