THR Bruised feeling - Left THR 4 years post op

OK..not even sure this is worth posting about, but I'm just curious as to a 'why.'

Left hip replacement in December 2019, so more than 4 years ago. Decent recovery except for a glitch or two I've written about here in other threads. But never any pain in the hip itself once I was recovered.

But this just has me puzzled: I have a tender, bruised feeling in the side of that hip right near the
incision. It's not pain, not affecting any of my getting around. I really only notice it when I touch the area. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when it started….could be a couple weeks? In early December I did take a terrible fall with almost all the impact on that side, but they did an ER x ray that showed no problems. (Unlike higher up where I had a displaced humerus fracture for which I am still in therapy.)

It's not like I think there's anything seriously wrong, and maybe I just gave my hip a mighty whack cutting a corner in the house too close. (And which I paid no attention to or didn't notice?) But I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything like this and might have some explanation?

Hi Arjay,
Since it's not really bothersome and you're not certain whether you may have bumped it, or when it began, consider giving it a little time and see if the pain disappears. I hope it eases soon!

Please notice that we have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Having your recovery information contained in one place will make it easier for you to reflect back on. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting. Please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.

Hopefully you're doing well otherwise...thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Arjay

You're welcome! No worries.
I hope you had a decent weekend and wish you a great week!
@Arjay

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting