Better and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, its been several years since I could sit like that. Wonderful to see!

Got a question that is unrelated to knee replacement, but I will relate it. Has anyone’ s vision gotten worse after surgery? My vision has gotten worse since surgery due to cataract. If had surgery, happy with results?

My vision changed drastically, overnight, between the day before surgery and the day after. (I don’t remember trying to read anything the day of surgery.

My reading worsened extremely and my distance got better. I am very unhappy about this. I was able to read my phone (which is one of the smaller iPhones) books, you name it. Now I need reading glasses for everything, unless it’s a bigger print and at least 2 feet away from me. I had to get new glasses at 6 weeks post op.

No one had an explanation for me. My surgeon thought it was the Dilaudid I was taking so he changed me to tramadol on Day 12 post op,but my vision did not return to my normal.

:blackcloud:

Just one more negative this surgery gave me.

Yes, my vision did get worse. If I remember right, I asked about it shortly after my tkr. I wouldn't do your cataract surgery quite yet. My did get back to presurgery vision after a while.

I had an evaluation today for cataract surgery. I think I will get new glasses! My vision has not improved since surgery. Cataract surgery is permanent, glasses are not!!

It’s been a year and mine has not returned to where it was pre surgery.

I alway related my humorous story: i had my last child late in life, when I looked at the formula can to read the instructions when i came home from the hospital it was all blurry! I went to see an eye dr a few months later. Told me I need bifocal, I would not have a baby and get bifocals the same year! Lol
Moral of story. I will wait until timing right!

Oh my days! Eyesight change due to surgery, I thought my prescription had just changed dramatically. Optician said that I had the start of cataracts. Now I know it may be due to my TKR.
So, since my op I have a hairy leg and cataracts, got more than I bargained for haha.

6 months tomorrow. Taking daily walks as weather permits, this is a winter that keeps hanging on! Home yoga program I tried to do daily. I still have little area of discomfort that pop up to remind me I am not healed. As humans we seem to focus on our frailty. This past week I been “ focus on my eye sight”, pun is intended. I been researching cataract surgeries, and all the choices for Lens....... gave up and got a new pair of glasses. I am very greatful I have found a community of BoneSmarties. As I said before I joined late, but I still learning from everyone’s experiences.

Attachments

• F47EAD76-ECAF-405B-AAEC-323752A6BDA3.jpeg
    F47EAD76-ECAF-405B-AAEC-323752A6BDA3.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 1AD52C07-E48E-41AE-B94C-57F2363F2A07.jpeg
    1AD52C07-E48E-41AE-B94C-57F2363F2A07.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 268
Your flexion is stellar. Looks like all that yoga gave you nice bendy muscles and tendons!

Thank you Susie. Fortunately I regained all my preop flexion. My OS told me I wouldn’t be able to do child pose because of the position of the prosthesis, can’t wait to see him at the end of this year to show him otherwise!

I’m going to ask mine about whether I should (ever) be able to do child pose. My butt doesn’t get down to my heels yet. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to for me to do everything I want to do in life (except that). My 84 year old mother, with both knees replaced, can sit on her heels. All she ever did to rehab her knees was ride a stationary bike.

Good for your mom! I have known my OS for over 15 years, he replaced my husband’s knees, and he knows me
I never asked about kneeling, going to a gym , or yoga. I just do it! Careful not to over stress my knee. I was always told by my therapist I had, always leave a reserve of strength whatever the physical activity was.

I never asked about kneeling, going to a gym , or yoga. I just do it!
When I wanted to try bowling again at 12 weeks (very carefully!) my husband asked me if I was going to ask my surgeon about it. I said no. He doesn’t ask how I am or what I can do, he just wants to take X-rays and push my knee as far as he can to measure, at every appointment. I will decide if I can bowl or not. I mean, I’m a responsible person that doesn’t want any more pain or setbacks. I think we are capable of making many decisions on our own!

Oh, and I forgot to add, I love your kitty in your avatar!

Thank you jockette, I have 3 fur babies. That is my feisty female! My two other are males. Of course fixed!

My last fur baby died 5 years ago, she was feisty, too! Her son, whom we kept, was terrified of her all his life! She mellowed into a great buddy as she got older, to us, not her son! :heehee:

Seven months tomorrow( 5/16). Not much changes in the past month. Able to walk around the stores, and very grateful that the bone on bone pain is a very distant memory. Still have persistent slight swelling on the lateral aspect of knee. Recovery is definitely a year or longer process.

I have learned so much by reading everyone’s account of their replacements. Reading accounts of isolation, worries , fears, insecurities made me want to “waving a magic wand “ to improve everyone’s recovery.

Fortunately for me, my husband had both knees replaced. He knew exactly what I was going through, and how to tend to my needs in the early weeks. Very instrumental in my recovery. Of course my furbabies did their part!

Wow! I am so envious of your flexion! I too used to do yoga, but am slowly coming to terms with maybe never again....maybe after a revision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back