Awaiting hip replacement

malhardi66

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi - I am new here and am having my pre op and physio tomorrow morning. My surgery is on February 27th. I am having THR on left hip and am quite anxious about the surgery. Hoping they will give me more information tomorrow as so far I've been finding what I need on the Internet. I've lots of questions to ask. I'm sure this is the right decision to have this surgery but it is a bit scary. All the very best to everyone else here.

Good luck tomorrow. I am anxious and nervous, too...I have yet to schedule a date. Getting my 5th consult March 16th. He's a more experienced os than the rest I have seen. I have dysplasia of the left hip and still can do some short walks with not too much pain, so I am procrastinating. They tell me I need a full reconstruction of my hip and that scares me that there is more that can go wrong than from a more simple hip replacement.

Hope yours is less complicated. I will look forward to hearing about your journey. Again, good luck tomorrow!!:welome::flwrysmile:

Hi @malhardi66
Those of us who have been through the process have all been scared to some degree or another. That's quite normal. I am sure you will get answers to your questions tomorrow but there are lots of us here who can help if there is anything you forget.
Come back and let us know how you get on

Hello and welcome! Hope you get all your questions answered today and feel a bit more in charge. Not much longer to wait!
:flwrysmile:

Welcome to BoneSmart! You have come to the right place since the majority of people on here have already been there, done that (surgery). We were all anxious and maybe even a bit afraid prior to surgery. It is, after all, a major surgery and often we tend to think the negative but I can tell you it is life changing and your only regret will probably be that you didn’t have it done sooner. It is wonderful to get rid of all that OA pain. Good luck with your appointment today. I’m sure they can answer your questions but as others have said, if you have other questions after you return, don’t hesitate to ask here on there forum. There are always people ready to try and answer them and offer their support.

:wave: and good to have you on the forum.
Surgery IS Scary. Apart from an appendectomy as a teenager, BTHR has been my only surgery.
I was shocked my hips needed replaced and anxious about the surgery!:flabber:
I was also sick and tired of being in pain and tired.:sigh:
Getting new hips gave me my life back.:dancy:
You have lots of support here, so ask anything you like.:yes:

@malhardi66 Welcome to BoneSmart! You've come to the right place for support through all this. We were all in that scary place pre-op. Worry not - staff totally understand your concerns and will do everything they can to make you comfortable.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member