April Rainbows - A Royal Member

Jaycey

ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
All you April Rainbows will be happy to hear that the Duke of Edinburgh (Prince Philip) has just had a THR today. At 96 that's pretty incredible. Happy Healing Sir!

The Duke of Edinburgh has undergone a successful hip replacement operation and is comfortable and in good spirits, Buckingham Palace has said.Philip, 96, underwent a planned procedure on Wednesday after suffering with a hip problem for about a month.
Only a month? Lucky him!

I wonder if his surgeon was the one who did both of the late Queen Mother's hips, Ms Sarah Muirhead-Allwood?

Yeah. 96 yo with prostate and bladder problems and lung issues can get a THR and I can’t! I must be closer to death than I realised. I’m pleased for him and wish him quick healing, doesn’t mean I can’t be a tad jealous.

@Gidget and he only waited a month! I guess if you are paying for it you get their quicker. But you are right - it doesn't seem fair.

@Jaycey I am private too. If I was accepted for surgery I could get it quickly. The hospital where I have my “chemo” (my Doc calls it chemo for wimps because it’s not real chemo but a modulator) do a lot of THRs and the wait is on average 2 weeks for private patients. I have Health insurance and was denied by two different private OS. Both the OS cited my health as the problem. I think they were just scared I would have a complication. I understand I have an increased risk to most people but I think if I signed off on the consent form stating I accept all risks...well, that should be my right. However, I understand they have a right to refuse if they aren’t comfortable as well. So conflicted.

I truly am pleased for Prince Philip. He’s a tough old bloke, where would we be if he stopped making some of his politically incorrect statements! I bet he keeps the Queen on her toes. Long may they both live.

PS I don’t have cancer at the moment I’m on maintainance therapy to keep me cancer free.

@Gidget you're in my prayers. I'm so sorry for all you go through! It doesn't feel fair, or right.
I hope you have a beautifully peaceful weekend. Your positive spirit is inspiring.

Now for some shallow!
I'm just enchanted with all this Royal's biz, call me shallow but I'll get right into the royal wedding
with all its drama. I'll wake up at 4:00am and turn on the tv and watch it in bed. It's all so fairytale to me
the Prince marrying the commoner, who becomes a Princess. I like the glamor of it all....so the Queen can step down anytime, then bypass Chuckie and Cammie and go straight onto William and Kate. There you have it...
Now.....off with my head! :rotfl:

There’s a big movement here to dispense with Royalty and become a Republic. Personally, I don’t care one way or the other. I suppose my thinking is, if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. On the other hand we are geographically and increasingly culturally different to the UK that I can’t see the point of having a Monarch.

Yeah, it was a big thing here when a mere Tasmanian commoner married Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark who will be King in the not too distant future. Imagine an ordinary Aussie being Queen of Denmark. To make it more surreal...they met in a bar, I think it was in Sydney. I think it’s the growing up pretending youre a Princess thing. Maybe the fairy tale never goes away.

Yes, times change and for the better.

Just heard that Prince Philip is still in hospital. Wow - the rest of us would be kicked out long ago!

I just saw that he was discharged today - hope he continues to do well and can attend the upcoming wedding.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom