After hip replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annemarie

Happy to report that I feel painfree after the operation. At 65 this was my first hip replacment (April 11. 2006) and after many years of dragging myself about painfully, at the end house-bound while virtually crawling on all fours up the starirs, I feel like a new person now that I can walk around on crutches since I came home 7 days after the operation. Thanks to a wonderful surgeon at the Credit Valley Hospital I now look forward to many moons of activety. I wish I had done it sooner. The 28 staples holding together the cut have been removed yesterday, it pinched a bit, but it was worth it. The world looks good again.

Hi Annemarie, thank you for chatting with us on this forum so soon after your operation. I'm happy to hear you feel much better and keep up the good work. Did you have one hip operated or two at the same time? It's just that i was suggested by my surgeon to have both hip operated at the same time. Would the recovery time be the same? Can somebody stand up on there feet the next day of operation with two new hip? That's something i forgot to ask the doctor. Anyway good luck for the furture. Sonia S.

ings Sonia. I had one hip replaced. After a fall ten years ago, everything went fast downhill with this leg. Frankly I cannot see myself having had both hips done at the same time. Too much trauma to the body I would think. Lucky for me, I have always taken care of myself, no smoking, boozing etc. and no other ailments either. My chances for a complete recovery are good.

You Can stand on your feet the day after the operation, but you use a walker or crutches. There are numerous precautions which need to be observed in order for the hip implant to remain in its proper place. No twisting, bending or reaching down past the hip, no reaching or stretching up. Physiotherapists will advise you further.

Hi, Annemarie. I'm glad to hear that You are living without pain after Hip replacement.
Many thanks for info about Canada's newspaper. I'll be glad if You can tell me more detaily about Your disease and operation.
From all my hert wish You full rehabilitation! Are there in USA curots for this? In my Ukraine there are rather a lot no so bad Healh resorts for such diseases and it seems for patients after Hip replacement.
Valery Korobeynyk.

Hello Mr Korobeynyk. As far as I know there are no Kurorts or Cure Resorts in the US or Canada for hip replacements in particular. I am aware that Europe is at a different level when it comes to patients after care. I had severe damage to my femoral head due to 1/3 avascular necrosis etc. I hope that your situation will be resolved speedily. I have contacted another Ukrainian Agency in Canada in the hope that they may be of some help to you. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Riveralex
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom