• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

2018 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

I’ll be having my right hip replaced on May 16th. I’m very excited and nervous at the same time.

I am scheduled for total hip replacement of my right hip on May 21st. I am somewhat nervous because I have screw in my hip that has been there since I was 14 yrs old.

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

08 May 2018 purplehip, sweet alice, rainmaker
09 May 2018 Gettysburg, Kikki (her second)
11 May 2018 mcopt (his second), STLhippie
15 May 2018 LeslieD
16 May 2018 Selkiegirl, NMRJS
18 May 2018 kp28
21 May 2018 Dante
29 May 2018 Bone-obo
31 May 2018 BusterBeans (her second), bmeirose

@NMRJS, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

@Dante, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Hi All!
I had right knee TKR on November 16, 2017, left knee tkr on December 19, 2017 and now have to have left THR on May 31, 2018. I have never had any hip pain or issues until 2 months ago. Pain increased to the point now of unrelenting 24/7 pain that radiates down my leg into my calf. X-Ray shows FAI and late stage arthritis my only option is a THR.
I work in a school office, due to the amount of time I have taken off for the knee replacements this school year, I have to wait until school is out to have the surgery. It's going to be a long 6 weeks, trying hard to stay positive and keep a sense of humor :)

@bmeirose, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Hi - I'm in for THR on 8 May. That makes 2 of us (I think) on the same day.

@rainmaker, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

I am having RTHR on May 18th at Cleveland Clinic.

@kp28, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Hi All!
I had right knee TKR on November 16, 2017, left knee tkr on December 19, 2017 and now have to have left THR on May 31, 2018. I have never had any hip pain or issues until 2 months ago. Pain increased to the point now of unrelenting 24/7 pain that radiates down my leg into my calf. X-Ray shows FAI and late stage arthritis my only option is a THR.
I work in a school office, due to the amount of time I have taken off for the knee replacements this school year, I have to wait until school is out to have the surgery. It's going to be a long 6 weeks, trying hard to stay positive and keep a sense of humor :)

Glad to share May 31st with you! I had both knees done about 2-1/2 years ago and my first hip about 1-1/2 years ago. I’m also trying to stay positive while waiting it out. Glad you’re part of us May Marvels!

@Bone-obo, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

@STLhippie, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

2nd THR left this time. Scheduled for May 9th! First one was 4 weeks ago. Sigh. Just feeling better, and in 4 weeks it’s ground hog day. Lol.

Kikki.
Going to have same experience of for weeks apart all going well. interesting times. hope to have rehab completed in a year rather than 18 months. But time Will tell.

@LeslieD, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a may marvel!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks