2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
January marks many "new beginnings" and so it will be for those of you having joint replacement surgery this month!

You have hit the January Jackpot!!

january-jackpot-pic-jpg.54015

If you're having surgery in January, please post here and join the group. It is so helpful to have the support of others who will go through the waiting for surgery and recovery along with you. Get to know each other and you may just end up with a new friend or two who can share your experiences.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

las-vegas-1-jpg.34194

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

09 January 17 B HIP
12 January 17 WVHipChick
19 January 16 TDF
20 January 17 Tweetybrd
27 January 17 Monika66

I'm scheduled for Jan 9, 2017..... still REALLY reluctant!!!!!

UGH??? I cant figure out how to follow this January thread???? :unsure:

jackpot 55.jpg
@B HIP, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own in the Hip Replacement Pre Op forum, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Oh me, me, me!!!! Finally!! I can now asked to be put on the list for my surgery month!!! :happydance::yay:
January 20th!

@B HIP If you scroll to the top of this thread(or any thread) and look at the top right side. There is a link to click that says "watch thread" hit that. :)

jackpot 54.jpg
@Tweetybrd, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

jackpot 15.jpg
@Monika66, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

@Tweetybrd ....we are about the same age! (apparently "young" for this)...would love to hear about your experience !!! Looks like I'm going a couple weeks before you but we are right on par! I wish you the best and I hope to be able to support each other!!!:egypdance:

I'm scheduled for a right THR on January 19. Nervous but so looking forward to being able to walk without pain again!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Okay, I'm probably completing missing it, but how do I join the group using the Bone Forum app?

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

jackpot 49.jpg
@TDF, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot! Now you are a member of the January Jackpots, and all you had to do was ask to be put on the list.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. Starting a new thread and posting
The link above will explain how you start your own thread.

I'm 48 years old and I'm getting ready to experience a THR (right side) on 1/12/17. I've fought it for 3 years after visiting four different orthopedic surgeons (OS) in that time. Two advised me to do it, one said you'll now when the pain has won, and the last guy treated a rock climber so I went with him. Don't ask. This time I just felt like I had the right doctor. He told me my hip looked worse than one of his 70 year old patients. I had no fall to blame. I do think genes and all my years of tennis, skiing, and sitting at a stationary job caused this wonderful DX. I've tried all the holistic approaches I could. I do have a new love for aquatics and cycling. Acupuncture has been amazing too. I successfully changed my diet to avoid inflammatory foods. I lost 50lbs (give up the cheese folks!) in one year. All was good. Then, on a lovely day in Nov of 2015, I was hit with the big "C". Luckily, I was very blessed to have excellent medical staff and care. I'm NED with two reconstruction surgeries to go, but I put them on hold to deal with my hip. To tell you the truth, I've been more worried about how long it would take me to get back in the pool after this surgery. How crazy is that? I just can't get too lost in all the "what ifs". When your DX is the c word, you gain a better perspective on what choices matter most.

I do realize my osteoarthritis has kicked my butt. I know this THR will change my life. No longer will I stand for 15 min and have a sleepless night of ice packs and uncomfortable lift offs from chairs or beds.This site has given me great hope. I know I may never sit cross legged again, but that's okay. Honestly, I still thinking of a day I don't walk with a limp. Please ladies let me know your stories. I'm inspired by what I've read. I debated putting off the surgery until the summer. Like I need more info about what's going to happen. The THR will be posterior. My surgeon says it's the best method to get back in the game and no cutting of muscle. Not sure how pretty the scar will be, but I already realized I could care less about battle wounds. I just want quality of life.

@WVHipChick Wow! You have been busy. Tweetybrd is having surgery soon and the posterior approach. Called Superpath? You may be having same surgery and may want to confer with her on that. Josephine gave good explanation on my thread about it. As far as return to swimming I can tell you that it was less than 2 weeks when the OS said sutureline was healed and I could swim again. Unfortunately my pool had algae prob so I did not return to swimming and then Weather changed and I had surgery again other hip. Always something!

I think genes do play a role but I was also active all my life like you! Surgery makes all the difference in making life so much better and I am still in recovery mode. Good luck and keep asking questions. You will find answers on this site!

@WVHipChick Hi and Welcome! I would encourage you to start your own pre op thread :) That way we can give you advise and support there. You could even copy and paste what you have already written in there one. :flwrysmile:

jackpot 29.jpg
@WVHipChick, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back