TKR Zombies Love to Dance<

Have you noticed any other vision change since surgery? Mine changed drastically from the day before surgery to the day after. At 6 weeks post op I had to get an eye exam and get new glasses. The optician was surprised at how much it changed. The eye doctor had no idea why. It had to be something to do with the surgery.

:wowspring:That sounds great. Glad it went well and knee held up. I think you're wise doing half days. It's surprising how much it takes out of you. Strange about the glasses. Are you sure you picked up the right ones? :heehee:

I made it through the whole day at work commute and all. Wasn't too bad but definitely some swelling and got a little uncomfortable by the end of the day. Icing and elevating now. Changed the plan a little bit, I'm going to work from home Tuesday and Thursday, a little bit of a phased return, With my commute half days just don't make much sense.

@FCBayern i agree I may do some alternating days and work from home after these 2=weeks also. We are in the process of remodeling the office so I was hit with so many questions contractors had regarding carpet and furniture that I was mentally tired as well. But honestly it does me good to get out. Cabin fever was setting in!

@Jockette some minor changes since before surgery mostly seeing 2 to 3 feet that has really changed hence I needed computer glasses. I also used to not have to wear my glasses when reading (I’m near sided) and wear bifocals but now I need to! I go for my eye exam middle of April so maybe things will settle back to normal?

@Lindylee Ha! That was my first thought but I bought these bright yellow glasses and keep them at my work computer as that was the only place I needed them.

Same here! Before surgery I could read my small phone fine, now I can’t read it at all without glasses. And, my distance vision got much better.

Jockette, Zommom That's really strange about the eyes. I wear varifocals all the time, but I've been having terrible trouble with close work and keep taking the off. It never dawned on me it might be something to do with the surgery. I don't really want the expense of new glasses. These aren't that old!

Well , day 2 of work I was on my feet trying to get everything organized and was chasing around like someone who has great knees and then bam! I just about buckled.:gaah:way to much activity and both knees reminded me of it. Had to take a Tramadol along with my regular dose of Tylenol. Home laying back in the recliner elevating, icing and cursing myself for over doing it :hissy: I was supposed to have PT today but canceled- no way can I do anything so lesson learned:no-fin: even 1/2 days need to be dialed back on what a person can and should do.:hairpulling:

I told you not to overdo it! :bignono: It's all too easy to get carried away when the knee's feel ok. I hope the knee calms down soon. Can you work from home tomorrow? :console2:

@Lindylee i know you were right i was feeling good and then I guess I just went into work mode before I knew it 3 hours had passed :bignono::gaah::hairpulling::headbang: another lesson learned

Looking for opinions out in bone smart world. My OS stated he wanted to wait 4 months from my ltkr which was Jan 29th. I am really struggling walking, sitting and sleeping with my right knee. It’s also bone on bone. My operated knee is progressing with its ups and downs but this other knee is making me miserable which I know is hampering my recovery. I can barely walk on the unoperated one. The pain is getting worse. I needed to have meniscus surgery 08\21\18 on it so he wanted to wait on that. It had managed to behave itself up to a week ago but now it’s killing me. Back to work 1/2 days and I’ve had to use a cane today and thinking my walker or wheel chair in the future not because of the TKR but the other knee. I am torn because I dread another surgery but without this being done my quality of life is no better than before my ltkr just pain in the other knee. I am so wishing I had a bilateral. So wondering if anyone out there had their surgeries done close together and give me some input on your healing.

Sorry to hear the other knee is causing so much problem, hopefully you'll get some good responses. :sorry:

Aww Zommom, you're between a rock and a hard place, but I think if my unoperated knee was that bad I'd go with the surgery. There have been a few on here with surgeries close together so hopefully they'll be along with their recovery stories. :console2:

I’ve got the same problem. Im way from over my current issues with my right fixed knee, but when I now walk, the pain is worse in my left knee. However, I cannot imagine having done both. What an ongoing saga, isn’t it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to response to your question, I needed only one knee replaced . My husband had his right knee replaced in 2007, his left knee in 2014. He didnt got full benefit of his first replacement until he recovered from the second.
Quality of ambulatory life is important.

Some people have both knees done on the same day and some a week or two later.
It's almost 2 months since your left knee was replaced and it sounds as if your right knee is really holding back your progress now.

I'd be inclined to ask for your right knee to be replaced as soon as possible.

Others have also had this experience. Sometimes the vision comes back to wear it was before surgery and sometimes it doesn't. My eyes got worse, especially my cataracts.

Thank you all I appreciate your input. I called my OS office to let them know what’s happing and how it affecting my recovery. The nurse and PA are going to review with my surgeon and will call me back with an appointment to start to concentrate on the right knee. No guarantees this can be done sooner but at least we’re moving in the right direction. They are concerned with my stamina to have another surgery so soon. I have had my share of health issues the past 4 years ago I had to have my thyroid removed due to a large suspicious growth (phew not cancerous)! 2 years ago I developed a kidney stone that became blocked I went sepsis and needed emergency surgery I went bad really quick and took me a couple of weeks to recover and another surgery. Then last year my knees started their issues and as you know one of the first things they make you do is PT well while doing those exercises I tore the meniscus in the right knee. I had surgery on that August 2018. Then bam I had a stroke in September and needed 6 weeks to recover from that to the LTKR in January. I’m on blood thinners and it looks like that will be for long term. Needless to say i’m tired but determined . I’m only telling everyone this not for pity but to understand where my OS’s concerns are coming from. I wish I didn’t have these issues and lord knows I live a pretty healthy active life so having these problems are hard to explain why me!

Went to PT today everything I did was not painful and measured my ROM flexation is now 112 and extension is 0. She said one more session and she will sign off (if I don’t sooner) as I will have met that magical 115 she is obsessed with. She said my right knee is making my gait lopsided I asked what I could do about it she didn’t offer any advice! Not impressed at all.

@Lindylee just wanted to give a big thank you on using cling wrap on your knee. I read about you doing it and last night it was bothering me so I placed some over the front of the knee and it worked well! :yes!:

That's great Zommom, so glad it helped, as it did for me. You have had a basin full this past 4 years and no mistake. It must seem there's no end to it, but you have a great attitude. I hope your appointment with the OS is productive. Good news on the ROM :yes!: Take care.

Happy 8 week anniversary to me and my new knee! Finished my 2 week back to work 1/2 days. I am glad I did that as by noon I was pretty tired but by this Friday I was doing good. Starting next week I will work until I get tired not sure if that is going to be an 8 hour day but I am going to ease into it as well as doing some work from home.

I quit PT - my last one was this past Tuesday. Between work and more activity in general doing PT was making my knee swollen and painful . I also got tired of hearing about the 115 flexation number and the subtle threats ! I felt so much stress and anxiety about going and getting measured I would explain about how swollen I get after these sessions but never felt believed. My last measurement was 112 flexation and 0 extension and I am doing well enough or even better on my own. I still walk with a bit of a limp but it’s more from my unoperated knee. Since quitting my knee is settling down and I have not needed any pain medication and Tylenol has decreased. I am up to about 5 to 6 hours a night of good sleep. I still can’t stand for long periods of time without discomfort but even that is slowly improving.

I think back at those first few weeks and how they just dragged on, the pain, lack of sleep etc. and now the days seem to be moving much more quickly and achievements coming faster. I am grateful for this forum for the education and most of all the hugs and hand holding in our recovery journey

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts