TKR Zombies Love to Dance<

It does make me cross when they don't take account of each individual case on merit. Sometimes people can't see behind their tick boxes. I hope reason kicks in somewhere along the line and they realise that a stroke and a TKR warrant longer and it's not a case of you trying to abuse or take advantage of the system.
Great that you had a good night's sleep though - doesn't it make a difference? :happydance:

Oh how I feel your misery with the short term disability. I had never used this policy before and it has been the most frustrating and infuriating thing I have ever dealt with. Mine also said 6 weeks and it took almost that just to get the first check. I go back to work Monday thank goodness and in the end they have approved through then but I have never dealt with such nasty unprofessional people in my life. I actually had to get the state board of insurance involved. I truly hope you get it worked out as I know how stressful it is on top of recovery.

@donnag1108 I am sorry you had so much difficulty dealing with short term disability. Glad you went to the state insurance board and got results. I am flabbergasted with how many people I know of that are on disability for a lot less and with little or no hassle. I want to return to work I enjoy my job and your right that they make you feel guilty! Since my next replacement will be in about 4 months that will probably throw them into a tizzy and me into long term disability whatever!:headbang:

Had a great night last evening . 10 hours with one have to go potty and fill my ice machine break. :ice:
Must of needed the extra sleep I even dozed off in the recliner :sleep:

That is fantastic! You are so blessed to have been able to have slept like that.

I hope you don't have too much difficulty, it's a hassle for sure just to receive benefits we pay for. Good for you with getting that rest!! It can definitely be very hard to come by with this recovery!

:wowspring: that's a fantastic result Zommom- 10 hours :egypdance:. I've gone backwards the past 2 nights, saw every hour on the clock last night, but did leave the clingfilm off. Might have to put it back on tonight.

@Lindylee im sorry to hear about your backwards nighttime sleeping. Good idea about the cling film wouldn’t hurt to keep doing that. How’s your bending and extension going? I noticed you mentioned some pain I hope your doing better

Must be the weather- I had the lousiest night last night since the op, all my own fault for telling a friend yesterday that I was sleeping not too badly- should keep my mouth firmly closed:banghead:

My knee was a bit more wonky than usual this morning. It always takes me a while to realize it’s probably because it’s raining outside.

Pain level has not been good today, although extension and flex seem pretty constant. It improved yesterday, but every time I woke up the initial movement was quite painful and really struggled to put any weight through a bent knee to go from sitting to standing. It was made worse when we went out for lunch and my husband forgot to tell me he'd moved the passenger seat forward when giving our granddaughter a lift. Thinking it was the same as usual I bent my leg back further to get it in the door - ouch! The back of the knee and upper calf are not happy tonight.:tantrum2::gaah:
I can't blame the weather. It's been a beautiful day today.

I am so ready for spring! So tired of the snow, cold and wind. This has been the coldest February for us A new record we are told. I am not used to being cooped up for long stretches of time. The first couple of weeks it was no problem because we are in rough shape but as I am getting more mobile and feeling better it’s getting harder. so I know I must be getting better if I am feeling this way. Increased my vitamin D. To make myself feel good and look forward to something I am looking at some trip options. Maybe Las Vegas or something if anything it’s just fun looking.:SUNsmile:

4 week anniversary today! Had a restless night last night - my fault as I thought I was ready for a Walmart trip. :bignono:Only went for a few items and ended up with a cart full. Hubby and I then went out to eat. Hydrocodone and ice was my dessert as I was very swollen and dealing with pain from my hip down to my calf. My non surgical knee also reminded me of its presence. Lesson learned. It doesn’t take much to enter into the Over Did It Club. Doing nothing but elevating, icing and hitting the Tylenol today. :ice:

I think every single one of us has over done it in the early days. As long as we learn from this we are apt to not repeat it. Take a few days and do nothing until that knee settles back down.

There must be something in the air around 4 weeks that makes us overdo it :groan:I guess we start feeling better and that's the danger. I'm so cross with myself this week; my knee still isn't back to how it was last week. It's so frustrating. :headbang: I hope your knee is feeling better today :console2:

I agree with @Lindylee about the 4 or so week mark. That's when I started feeling like my old self, and it was very tempting to do more and more.

I remind myself that this is not a sprint, and if I do to much, go too hard, or sleep too little, there will be a price to pay, usually pain and swelling.

@Lindylee @SnowHare You are all correct. I thought I was over the hump so to speak. I am really paying the price today I just can’t get comfortable ended up with a couple hydrocodone along with Tylenol. Lots of icing and elevating. Little walking today as both knees ache! My new nickname for these knees are dumb and dumber! I hope they settle down tonight.

Had an interview for long term disability today as my short term will run out March 6. 6 weeks will bring me to March 16 if I’m able to come back then. What a hassle they act like I’m not trying to get back! They also kept getting my knees mixed up thank goodness I only have 2. I may go back on a staggered schedule a few hours a day up Then in about 3 months I need the other knee done and long term kicks in again. If I put that surgery off then I look at a new deductible, but feel guilty for not working and yet I know me knee will make working near impossible! My head is just spinning. I think that is why I am pushing myself so hard to get this all over with but then end up having these set backs! Thank you all for listening it means a lot to be able to share this with a community going through the same. :sorry::shrug:

Last edited:
Oh my gosh these disability people. Don't let them bully you or make you feel bad. As I shared my awful experience with you before keep at it as I had too. I couldn't sleep at night treating people the way they do. I hope it gets resolved soon!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom