Zero Interaction with the surgeon / doctor?

Goldi5150

Country
United States United States
I have had zero contact with my surgeon since he agreed to do the operation, and I'm 4 weeks away from my surgery date.

Is this normal?

It’s common to have a pre-op visit about a week before.

You should also have some orientation / classes before.

Call your OS office and inquire.

Definitely follow-up...my recent surgeon has indicated I will need to do pre-op within 30 days of surgery so they will probably contact you soon but for your peace of mind, you should give them a call.

You don't normally hear from your surgeon after the operation is scheduled. However, at some point prior to surgery his office and the hospital should be contacting you to talk about pre-op information. You may have a joint class if they offer them at your hospital. I agree that if you're wondering how things will work, call and talk to your surgeon's nurse.

Do you have your pre op testing scheduled? You should have an appointment with your primary care plus one at the hospital where you may have bloodwork, urinalysis, EKG.

Please call your surgeons office this morning. By the way, when you said surgeon, if you meant the actual surgeon, doubtful he or she would call. It would be the office.

I saw my surgeon once when he agreed to do the surgery in March, and once 4 weeks before the actual surgery. He did the surgery and I think I saw him for one minute while I was conscious, and then I'm about to have my follow up today. In between I had access via email to his nurse, who was great about responding, and once I got into the 4 week lead up, I got calls from the hospital and my insurance to confirm details.

Did they give you instructions about going to your hospital or primary care to get all your testing done?

Thanks for all the replies!

The Orthopedic Practice mailed me instructions for the pre-op which is scheduled with my primary care provider 14 days before my surgery and they gave me a handout with all the required tests, so that's good. It also included the pre-op exercises and I've gone through my "joint camp".

I guess I thought that there would be another appointment in there where they would measure for the implant...perhaps that's all done during surgery?

I'm scheduled for my first month of post-op physical therapy starting 5 days after surgery, to be done 2x a week for the first month...

I guess I'm all set, just nervous!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom