Hemi-Arthroplasty Zauberflote's Mom, Dementia & Hip Replacement

Aww man!! I didn’t like reading the initial update @zauberflöte !
But breathed a sigh of relief to hear the exam showed no serious damage was done.
Now that is a roller coaster of a ride!!
I hope you can stay on your vacation. You need the time away.. :flwrysmile:

So glad the fall didn't break anything. I know from experience with my mom and hubby that any care facility or hospital absolutely HATES a fall. So maybe they will be a little more attentive now.

Gotta love ya Zaub.
You are amazingly positive...and funny!

@zauberflöte so glad there seems to be no serious damage from the fall. Your Mom sounds like a heck of a fighter and she's not going to let much keep her down! Hopefully you can finish your vacation, you really need the break. Sending thoughts, prayers and gentle, healing hugs for both of you.

:console2: :praying:

@Mojo333 you know me too well... but one of my sons inherited my tendency towards lighthearted coverups of either realism (me), or pessimism (him).
So, sometimes we must entertain ourselves by hoping to make people laugh, right?

Thank you so much @Elf1 ! Mom evidently has a much stronger constitution than I imagined. It's that 4th generation Vermont-native-with-backbone-of-granite thing shining through I guess!

PT report today:
He decided the goal should be to use a cane!!! Bro dissuaded him of that. Nevertheless, "remarkable progress" continues. No pain noted. Walk here and there, practise getting in and out of chair using hands. He seems to think her goal should be to be able to do it one-handed. Clearly he's never seen her totally befuddled as to how even to get out of a chair. Dementia rules....
The "knock-kneed-ness" persists. I doubt it will go away but hey. If she can show off her walking skills as she apparently did today, let the fun happen :egypdance:

Probably the final wrap-up post on Mom's hip:

She seems to be doing Just Fine, and bro and I are even contemplating "rides in the car" again! She loves going places. She's still on the tylenol 3x daily, but is known to spit it out or just let it slide off her tongue. Wish they'd crush it better and use applesauce instead of nasty institutional pudding. Or CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM don't you know!!

This turned out to be so much more successful a recovery than I expected. It's only 7 1/2 weeks and she may as well not have fallen! Her 92nd birthday will be the 11 WEEK hippaversary. Golly day. How many little old ladies do this, right?

Thank you one and all for being here for me when I needed listening compassionate ears. Keep on truckin'!

@zauberflöte that is wonderful news, so glad your Mom is doing better. Hope you're finally getting some much needed rest yourself. Thanks for keeping us updated!.
:friends:

Wonderful news! So happy to hear she's doing so well.
And at only 3 1/2 weeks until her 92 birthday! I hope someone hides her Tylenol in cake on that special day, lol. She's a trooper and she's lucky to have you and your brother.
Wishing her all the best as she continues healing!
@zauberflöte

Wow....you come from a line of superwomen! I'm so happy to hear your mother is doing so well. God bless those great surgeons. Now you can get back to your own life - at least a little. ((((HUGS)))) You and Bro have done a great job.

I love this update! You and brother did a great example of teamwork. So happy Mom is doing so well.
Truly amazing. :loveshwr:

So great to hear how well Mom is doing!:thumb:
Hope your week is sweet!:flwrysmile:

Thanks to all of you! No more falls please Mom, and no dislocation, you hear me?!

Apparently on this exciting new forum, everybody but me can do other than "like". Just want you all to know that those were "friendly" posts!!!!
Everyone please take care, enjoy your joints as I am enjoying mine (wanna see my "demi-split?? :snork:) and I'll see you at the New Year's Eve party!

You can "do other than 'like'".....just mouse hover over the "Like" icon and your choices should appear.

Good to hear your mom is still doing well.
Agree, no more falls. May she be protected. :prayer:
Howdy for now, :wave: Hear from you soon...
@zauberfloate

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back