TKR Zanza's TKR

I'm on prednisone now and feeling better already. It's sad to be diagnosed with an auto-immune disease but at least now I know what's wrong. I knew something was wrong. I had a very bad doctor who kept telling me to lose weight and lower my expectations of quality of life now that I was older and in menopause. He retired and I got a new doctor who wanted to know why on earth I wanted prednisone. After questioning me, he diagnosed PMR and started me on treatment. Two days and I'm a new person.

I’m sorry about the new diagnosis, but I’m happy it’s something they can treat and you feel better already!

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:

I had a very bad doctor who kept telling me to lose weight and lower my expectations of quality of life now that I was older and in menopause.
This is absurd! Especially that you should "lower my expectations of quality of life now that you're older" Older at 60?!

It sounds like a blessing that this physician retired and you found another. Thankfully you received a diagnosis and are already benefitting from a treatment plan. I wish you a lovely week and a beautiful holiday!

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

I’m sorry about the new diagnosis, but I’m happy it’s something they can treat and you feel better already!

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:
Thanks! I didn't know I should have just continued my old thread, since the PMR really has nothing to do with the knee replacement, but you're right, it is easier this way. I appreciate the merge. Maybe I should have a different title now though, since I'm not really new anymore. lol Can you change it to Zanza's TKR?

I had a very bad doctor who kept telling me to lose weight and lower my expectations of quality of life now that I was older and in menopause.
This is absurd! Especially that you should "lower my expectations of quality of life now that you're older" Older at 60?!

It sounds like a blessing that this physician retired and you found another. Thankfully you received a diagnosis and are already benefitting from a treatment plan. I wish you a lovely week and a beautiful holiday!

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
Layla, you are so right that it's a blessing the bad doctor retired. I never would have figured out what was wrong, and believe me, I did plenty of internet searching trying to glean some information to go to the doctor with. The new guy had the problem solved in five minutes of honest listening and careful questioning. I'm glad I have a diagnosis, but it's kind of disconcerting how our health hangs by a hair. A bad doctor can cause us years of misery, if not our very death, and it's just a roll of the dice what kind of doctor you get, and some of us just can't go from doctor to doctor until we find someone who is good.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Has anyone had to have an emergency knee replacement? I'm six months out from replacing my right knee, and I knew my recovery put a strain on my left knee which I knew was going to have to be replaced at some point. Well, it looks like that point has arrived. My left knee has been pretty sore over the last few weeks, and last night it just literally tore apart. I turned over in bed and my leg twisted a little and something ripped. It was so painful, and my knee started swelling and there was some bruising and I couldn't bend my leg. My son took me to the emergency room and I'm in a knee immobilizer now, with a crutch and some heavy-duty narcotics for the pain. I have a referral to my orthopedic surgeon, an emergency referral to be seen in the next five days.

Ugh. I am so very sorry! What you're experiencing sounds excruciating. While I understand this is unexpected, I'm sure if necessary, the surgery will bring you relief and by the anniversary of your Right TKR, just think how good you'll be feeling. Prayers for your comfort as you wait to see your surgeon. Please stay in touch. :console2:
@Zanza

@Layla Thank you so much. I'm trying to look at the bright side but it's tough because I'm going to miss still more work. I work at an elementary school and my district is woefully understaffed. There are almost three hundred unfilled positions and they need all hands on deck. Still, what can I do? You're absolutely right, by the anniversary of my first knee replacement I'll feel much better, and then I'll just be able to relax and do my job without all the misery I've been having these last years. :)

Oh no, I hate to hear how bad your old knee is now. Having a knee replacement certainly does put a lot of stress on the one that is left. Mine gave me a fit, but got better as I was able to use the new knee more. I pray that you can find relief for that old knee really quickly. The good thing is, once you have two new knees, there will be no more arthritis there! You can only improve!

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: :prayer:

January 4 will be the six month mark for me for my right knee replacement. The knee seems to have backslidden a bit, which is disappointing. Very stiff and sore. I hurt my left knee overdoing it at work. I work at an elementary school and there is an extremely challenging child that I have to supervise almost continuously. He literally ran me ragged the last two weeks before Christmas break and I could feel my left knee just burning with pain. So naturally I leaned way more on the right replaced knee and now that one hurts too. I have a hinged knee brace for the left knee now and I have rested up a lot, so I feel better. And I'm on prednisone for the polymyalgia rheumatica, and that is making a huge difference. All in all, I guess I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :christmas-carols-smiley-emoticon:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back