Hi everyone! I’m scheduled for LTHR on July 23 and RTHR on August 22. My surgeon won’t do both my hips at the same time. He says since we are hopeful the new hips last longer than the originals he’s had better results spacing them out a few weeks. I just turned 41 and am really starting to have doubts on if I should wait to have one or both hips done. I don’t have pain all the time but I’ve also greatly limited my activities to avoid causing pain. I avoid stairs and working extra hours. I’ve had hip pain off and on for almost as long as I can remember. In January it got to be really bad so I called my primary MD and had x-rays done. With the results he sent me to see the Ortho MD. He walked in and said “Hip Replacement”. He said we could do other things first but we would just be delaying the inevitable. My left is worse cartilage wise but my eighth has bone spurs so I’ve decided I want them both done to hopefully get to the point of being able to live normally. The reason for my doubts is I’m an RN. I can’t afford to take too much time off of work. I also need to be able to bend when I return to work. I’m also having a lot of doubts just thinking about how I’ll sleep post-op. I normally sleep on my side and if I do sleep on my back I always cross my ankles, something I know I can’t do Post-Op.