TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

@Yorkimom

Hi Anne,

Good to hear that you are feeling better, day by day and step by step you will get there.

Cathie

Hi Anne,

Good Morning and hope that this finds you comfortable.
I'm getting there, still a few twinges and stiffness, but trying not to let that hold me back.

Very busy week, out Wed and Thursday night and this morning going to a Christmas Craft Fair and then our "Girls" Christmas party tonight and my husbands' 60th Birthday party on Saturday.

Will pace myself, and rest, ice and elevate after the Christmas Craft Fair before tonight.
Will try to get a least one walk in this afternoon and if time head to the YMCA to use the stationary bike, as I feel that it really helps with my Flexion.

Son & his wife arriving from Norway and my husbands' sister from England tomorrow for the party, so a bit of organisation around the house.

All in all just living my life as 'normal' as possible with a few adjustments, post TKR.

Take care,
Cathie

@marmora, wow Cathie! You sure do lead a busy life....lots going on!!!
Today was a long, tiring day for me. I got up early and had to drive Marc to work this morning as he had to catch a ride about an hour away to pick up his car as it was going to be in a photo shoot. He has an Audi 4S and it's his baby and is always showroom ready. Anyway I had to leave the house at 7:15 so I asked my neighbor Diane if she wanted to ride with me, drop Marc off and get some breakfast. After breakfast we went to the mall to get a few things and then that was it. Naturally once there you look at this and that. When we were walking to the car I literally didn't think I would make it. I was exhausted not to mention my knee was not happy. Of course with driving I didn't take any meds and I forgot to even take Tylenol, so I hadn't had any kind of medication since yesterday afternoon. I couldn't wait to get home. The first thing I did was take some meds and then I iced and elevated. I was asleep within a few minutes. My knee is still a little achy but is feeling much better. I am have always been a fast walker, but I felt like I was crawling.
I had to laugh. When I was in Macy's the saleswoman asked me if I had joined their promotion for the holidays. I can't remember the name of it but from October through Christmas they add up everything you have spent and you get a percentage of it back to spend in January. I told her no. This was my first trip and it will be my last until after the holidays. She probably thought I was crazy!

@Yorkimom Glad you survived your trip to the mall. It is so easy to be there longer than you expected. You are 4 weeks ahead of me and doing so well. I refuse to go to the mall the rest of this year. I did some shopping before surgery and the rest online.

@Minnie's knees, thanks Kathy. I really don't feel as though I'm doing that well. I was doing so much more at this stage with my first knee. I know every knee is different and it's not good to compare them but it is hard not to.
Here it is 1 am and I can't sleep. I guess I did too much today because I've had restless leg syndrome all night and just can't sleep. I just made a cup of tea and thought I would check out some threads and hopefully by the time I'm done I'll been able to go to sleep. Plus it doesn't help when you're laying in bed trying to go to sleep and your husband is snoring beside you...sigh

I guess I did too much today because I've had restless leg syndrome all night and just can't sleep. I just made a cup of tea and thought I would check out some threads and hopefully by the time I'm done I'll been able to go to sleep.

I had restless legs last week, but they seem to have improved this week. I'm also sleeping better (at last!) this week.

Plus it doesn't help when you're laying in bed trying to go to sleep and your husband is snoring beside you...sigh

I've been known to threaten murder when it's like that! :heehee:

Well I'm happy to say that I had a pretty good day at PT. I was worried about going this morning as I was really hurting last night and took a pain pill before bed. Then I got up around 2:30 and took four advil.
I got on the bike and I normally have to do several rocking motions to loosen up my knee. Today I just got on a was able to ale the full rotation right off. I got up to 55 rpm and stayed there for the 10 minutes I rode the bike. I have never been able to pedal like that since the surgery. I can really see how out of shape I am because I was sweating and my heart rate stsyed right at 118-120. Normally if I pedaled at 55 rpm I was going so slow.
Christine said it felt like I had more movement in my knee so she measured me. I got to 108. I was so hoping for 110, but I'm happy. I am still getting the pain in back of my leg and Christine said she thinks I have fluid back there. So it is slow, but I'm getting there!! Anne:dancy::dancy:

Good for you! You'll be to 110 and beyond before you know it. I bet the middle of the night advil really helped. I know I'm in terrible shape too. I barely do anything and I'm huffing and puffing. One day this will all be over and we'll get back to our old selves :)

Here it is 3 am and I can't sleep yet again. My restless leg tonight is pretty bad. Before going to bed I took Advil as my knee was a little ouchy but I didn't need anything stronger. Once in bed the RLS started. After about an hour I took a muscle relaxer hoping that would work. Now two hours later I'm still awake and just took a pain pill. With constantly moving my leg and tightening my muscles in my leg to try to stop the RLS, my knee was getting very painful. I have a heating pad on the back of my knee/top of leg hoping that will help. Hopefully I'll be able to get to sleep soon.
Does anyone have other suggestions to help with this?????? Thanks, Anne

@Yorkimom You poor thing, that sounds miserable. I've never had RLS so I have no advice but I hope you were able to get back to sleep comfortably. (((hugs)))

@gr82cu2, thanks Janet. The RLS settled down somewhere between 3:30 to 4:00. I don't know if it was the pain pill or the heat on my leg, but all of a sudden I started to feel relief and then it was completely gone. I finally got to sleep around 4:30. I woke up at 8:10 startled. My neighbor and I had planned on going to the mall to pick up a gift and she was supposed to call at 8:30. Needless to say I rushed around to get ready.

Well it looks like I'm going to have another RLS night. It started about an hour and a half ago but on my other leg this time. I have been using heat again hoping it will work, but so far it hassn't helped. I'm hoping since it started earlier that I won't be up all night. I hate this!!!!

@Yorkimom So sorry to hear about RLS! Not something I've experienced so can't offer any advice but wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and hoping it settles down so you can get a restful night's sleep. Hopefully someone is going to come along soon with some helpful tips!

@Yorkimom sorry you are dealing with RLS. I don't know much about it. You sound miserable due to the frustration and lack of sleep. Hoping you get a nap later today.

Anne, have you tried searching the internet for solutions? It must be so miserable. Hope you got to sleep last night.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back