THR Yoga after LTHR?

Layla

Staff member since November 20, 2017
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
Happy Two Month Anniversary...one day late. I hope you've rebounded from the setback you had after having fun with the grandkids.
Best Wishes for a good weekend!
@lanstan

OP
OP
lanstan

lanstan

Country
Thanks so much but I am really 3 months out and very happy things are so good. I still feel I can do pretty much do everything I want to. My leg is weaker and I occasional take Tylenol before bed. I still have to use the rail to get upstairs and that is my most difficult task. I think it gets better every day and it will probably take the full year to not have any "niggles". I love how you guys say that. Is it a UK saying?

Layla

BoneSmart Staff
Country
Oopsie... I meant three months, sorry.
Yes, UK members do use the word niggles. :)
@lanstan

Layla

BoneSmart Staff
Country
:wave:Hello @lanstan
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a lovely holiday season and many blessings in 2023. :)

OP
OP
lanstan

lanstan

Country
Thanks so much. My hip is doing great. I can do everything I want except when I stand on my Left leg to balance it is still very weak and doesnt want to bear my wt. Time will improve that i am sure.
However the last 5 days i am down with a bug. Maybe RSV, not sure. Horrible cough, sore throat headache ache and body aches. It is slowly improving. Of course nothing to do with my hip!

Layla

BoneSmart Staff
Country
Ugh, I am so sorry you're sick. danelady seems to be struggling with something similar.
I do believe balancing on your left leg will improve over time. You're doing so well in your THR recovery!
Now...for that nasty bug to go away. Sending a hug and wishes you feel better soon!
@lanstan

OP
OP
lanstan

lanstan

Country
Well i just wanted to update you guys in case anyone else has this issue. I am over 4 months out and actually doing very well. But after my flu/RSV illness that had me not leaving my recliner for 10 days, I feel like I am having dull ache in my hip/butt area and need to start back over with returning to where I was. I am not worried as I know it takes a year to get over a lot of this. Make to icing and slowing exercising again. Oh what fun this is!

djklaugh

Staff member since December 30, 2020
BoneSmart Staff
Country
@lanstan It is so good to hear you are feeling better! But, yes, being ill and sitting for 10 days can certainly make your back and hips feel stiff and achy. You will get back to where you want to be! Icing and slowly getting back into your normal activities and exercises is definitely the way to go. :yes:

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

Tweb

Country
Hello @ianstan. I have had both hips replaced 2 years apart. Went back to yoga after first one and am almost back to 100% after second one (7 months post op). Had anterior on both so timeline is a little different on bending restrictions for lateral I know. I just listen to my body and there are some of the more extreme poses I just have decided aren’t for me. But I felt stronger and stronger (other than dealing with the other hip that needed replaced) as time passed. I have an excellent article that was written a few years ago that covers it well but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share that here. Maybe @Jaycey can answer that.

Jaycey

ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have an excellent article that was written a few years ago that covers it well but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share that here.
What format is the article in? Or is it a link? If you send it to me in a PM I'll take a look and then post it on this thread.

Jaycey

Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I agree @Tweb - this article is very informative. We get asked about yoga post THR many times. Thanks for providing this information.

Yoga After Hip Replacement

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Mojo333
    Staff member since August 15, 2017
  • Jaycey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member