Yo, Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattipoo

post-grad
Country
United States United States
Since knees are much better, it's time for me to turn my mind to the weddings I have this year!! My son's wedding will be on the ship at Key West...it's Dec. 4th....she's using a black and white theme. DOES that mean I have to dress in black???....if NOT, I LOVE this dress...what do you think?
acontent.nordstrom.com_ImageGallery_store_product_MediumLarge_17__5605137.jpg

I have a feeling I'll need to wear black....if so, this is my favorite so far
acontent.nordstrom.com_ImageGallery_store_product_Gigantic_18__5378418.jpg

NOW.....this is where I need my cruise sistas.....Their wedding is at 10:00am...it's the only time they could book....it'll be in the top room of the ship...HUGE windows all around...beautiful Key West shining brightly. I'll be in the dress ALLLLLL day....the wedding in the morning....the reception later in the afternoon....then, I'll most likely wear it to "formal night" in the dining room. Don't you think the black dress looks comfy?? HELP!

Like 'em both. I know----- no help but I think either would be very elegant on you.

I think the light one would wrinkle more from sitting down.... if you have to wear the dress a longer time I think the black is more comfy looking and will stay looking fresh longer.

Altho black and white for a morning wedding seems a bit.... not my choice.

Beach.....would it be tacky to wear this dress to formal night after wearing it ALL day???....I could exchange the black jacket for a white bolero to change the look.

The "morning" thing is a pain....something that can't be helped. The bridesmaids are wearing simple black dresses with white sashes.....

Patti you will be a knockout in either one I think. Competeing with the bride. Sounds like the wedding may get hot with the geography, times of day and all the windows. Go cool and comfy. Maybe a dress that it actually BOTh balck and white?

Changing the jacket and maybe jewelry would be a good touch for evening. Maybe a little more bling for the night time?

Altho I gotta tell you--- I am the "comfort queen" and LIVE in Eddie Bauer wear most of the time......so formal wear is really not my thing!

Beach.....would it be tacky to wear this dress to formal night after wearing it ALL day???....I could exchange the black jacket for a white bolero to change the look.

An excuse to shop more and buy 2, perhaps?

I will have a white flower on it....if that helps "lighten" it.....she's going for "simple elegance", so I can't show up in a polyester floral print!!! I can take the jacket off of the black dress and it has spaghetti straps....that'll lighten it up....

heck...this is gonna be tough

They are both beautiful dresses. It would be a hard decision to make. Can you try them on at the store?

The black dress does look like it would hold out better for an all day affair. It would probably hide the fabric wrinkles you'd get in the lighter one. What do you think the guys will prefer? Doug, Tim, Gat?

I'm SO not the formal type either.....my future DIL's mom is SO formal so I can't go frumpy!!! I thought maybe I couldn't go wrong with the perfect black dress.

Here's my other choice...it looks completely different without the jacket.
lp_right.jpg

I like this last one a lot! As long as what you wear will be comfy weatherwise. I think cruise ships are so dang cold inside and so hot out... the jacket is a great touch. Not tacky to wear it that night, either. I would want to give it a different look for night which the other black dress might do better. All of them would love fabulous on you. You have such a great figure you'll be a knock out as someone said earlier.

make sure the fabric will breath... silk would be perfect except for the wrinkles. I wear silk when i visit Singapore due to the heat... that's my two cents worth.

DOUG....what will the temperature MOST likely be at Key West on Dec. 4th? The 4th will be the "dressiest" day.....after that, I'll be in comfy clothing during the day...dressed up at night.

I'm SOOOO getting excited. I'll go to Nordstrom's next weekend and try the black dress on. NO telling what else I'll find. I kind of like the black and white theme....takes lots of pressure off of me. Red would look nice for the Christmas season.....and would look great with the black and white BUT I would stick out like a sore thumb.

Isn't it though! Glad to see you back and in high spirits. we will expect many pics posted after the wedding.

I LOVE the mom's hair in the pic with the bride!!!! Wish I could grow mine that long before Dec., but I can't.....my daughter foiled my highlights and retouched my roots today....I needed it SO badly!

Skeeter, I'll be posting so many pictures...you all will be sick of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks