Yo, Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patti,
You are going to be the "FOX" even if you wore a croker sack...Wear the black one...Your hair color will stand out with that one..White single pearl necklace. Small clutch purse with necessities....SEE I'm in touch!!
I lived in Key West for five years when my dad was in the Navy...You will still have daytime highs in the 80's and 70's at night ..Usually a good breeze though..Your cruise ship will dock right where I used to fish.. Go to Mallory Square to see the sunset..

Awesome, Dougie....I knew you'd know. I don't think I'll be able to go to Mallory Square....our ship will be "sailing" at 2:00pm the day of their wedding....won't they LOVE us on their honeymoon?????? Hey...they planned this, I don't think they can complain!

Patti, I like the black one too. If you can, find something sparkly to add on top for the evening and it will be a whole different dress....sparkly shoes and jewelry too that you couldn't wear to the wedding for fear of being the most gorgeous woman in the room (which we know has to be the bride)! But....speaking as a woman who is only 5'3" tall, just HOW LONG are the legs on that gal modeling the black dress????? My gosh, I think she must have had a BTKR with extensions to get that height!!!! It's not natural!!!

Hey Patti, I love the first black one, it will look so good on you. You the the height for it too. I agree with Jamie about dressing it up with some glittery jewellery in the evening, more simple jewellery, maybe a locket for instance, for the morning. You may need to change the shoes too, it will be a long day. You could use more comfortable shoes to dance in, but still elegant. How about a wrap instead of the jacket?

Jamie....I'm a tall gal too....6', but I wish I HAD her legs!!!
Several of you have told me to bling it out at night....I'll do that....I'll be elegant all day and gaudy that night!!! Can't wait to share pictures of me getting my "boogie" on!

Britt tried to book an evening wedding....but the ships sails early afternoon. It would have been GORGEOUS at night with Key West sparkling through those big windows!

It will be gorgeous ANYTIME!!! And a great excuse to have a toast to your new knee!!! Can't wait for photos.

NP...that's exactly what I was thinking!! A wrap would change the entire look of that dress.....would love to find a black and white wrap. Oh lord....I'll be up all night looking for that! I'm laying here, in the dark, in the bed....hubbie sleeping...me shopping and talking to my girls! (and my other girls....dougie and ref)

OMG....just had a GREAT idea....a TKR CRUISE!!!!!!!.....what a BLAST that would be!!!!

That would be fun, Patti. My BFF and her husband are planning a trip to Hawaii with my hubby and I in summer of 2009, so I have to save up for that. None of us have ever been to Hawaii, so we're really excited!

Say.....maybe the BoneSmart people would fund it for all of us who are helping to make this forum work so well!!!! You know.....a free cruise with the bone gang if you put up some number of posts.....under your name it would say Cruisin' Member!

Oh I can just see this crew in Key West doing the Duval Crawl.

Okay Patti here's my thoughts on this. I like the first black dress the best, I think the first dress looks too old for you. What cruiseline are they on and which ship? I can tell you a little more with that info as I sell and do a lot of these.
What is her mother wearing? You can tell a lot about your dress from what her mom is wearing you know keeping peace in the family and all.
Take a camera to Nordstrums with you and take a picture of yourself in the dresses you like and post them, we would love to help you decide.
Don't you have another wedding this year also. When is that one? What will you wear to that one?
Don't you just love talking clothes and now for the tough question what about shoes. Are you really going to try to wear heals? Scary, John wouldn't let me wear them this Easter and I was totally depressed due to the fact at my heaviest I couldn't wear heals as they didn't make them wide enough for my fat feet and now that I have skinny feet I bought some really high heels that are so cool, Steve Madden, and now I got this tree trunk for a leg and roots for a foot.
Cathy

Stay with a low heel, Patti. Maybe an inch or 1.5 inches at most. You'll be happy later. I am staying with flats, even though the legs look so much better in heels. Memories...

If the dress is long enough, I'll be able to get away with comfy shoes. During the actual ceremony, I can wear the hurty kind....but AFTERWARDS, it's pure comfort for me. With the open bar, I have a feeling everyone will be barefoot before long!!!
I'll definitely take pictures and let you guys help me decide.

Britt's mom is a travel agent...lives in Rhode Island...has a fantastic body and GREAT taste in clothes. She takes several cruises each year. The ship will be brand spanking new...can't remember name...i'm in a dark bedroom, will look at the pamphlet tomorrow and let you know.

Patti, is this your first cruise then? If so, I can promise that you'll LOVE every minute of it. Talk about pampering. It is the ultimate. Take advantage of EVERYTHING that's free and a few of the special things that cost a bit. It will be wonderful memories forever.....even if there wasn't a special wedding going on. How long will you be aboard ship, where do you take off from, and what ports of call? Want to know ALL the details!!

I much prefer the black one and I think you are very nice to low-key-it in deference to the new m-i-l to be... I most likely would not be that considerate... sigh... and.. my taste is controlled by... if a little is good.. alot is better!!!! Sounds like a very everyone will have a glorious time... and talk about a memory making wedding.. this will be the best!!!! Hugs and Blessings Linda

Hi Pattipoo!
Faith is my name....Fashion is my game! (I used to be a personal shopper at Bloomingdales)
Is their anyway you can make a change on the ship? I think the black is absolutely beautiful for evening. But its going to be a long day and you will be itching to change by 5pm. I'm going to look at Nordstrom's and get back to you.

Okay, I've thought about this for some time.........looked at several different angles......considereed the packing, changing and time constraints..........Here's the deal, go with the black one, as pictured for the wedding.........then, for the evening..........roll it up from the bottom to whatever length you feel appropriate at the time and welcome the new MIL to the family with open arms while singing, "Give me two pena colatas, one for each hand............." sure you know the song. Sounds like a winner!

Good point Gat. Any southern gal surly knows how to hike the dress and pen it up in a bathroom stall. But I think since the wedding is in Key West, the song should be "Wasted away again in Margaritaville".
And I want pictures. I know people!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back