THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

Hello! Thanks for the anniversary greetings.. it was around noon when I realized that it was Righty's anniversary. :happydance::SUNsmile:
Overall I am doing very well, righty doesn't behave as well as lefty but good enough to give me my life back. I can walk for exercise and for the first time in about 6 or 7 years I am able to ride my bike for exercise.
The thing that bothers me with the hip are the hip flexor(s). I notice when I am leaning over to pull a weed or plant something in the garden that I get a distinct pinch type pain when straightening back up. By pain I mean that it's immediate and usually fleeting, but occurs each time I bend over or reach over something and then straighten up. I'm not sure what would happen if I had to do that for a long part of each day that it would flare up and get painful but I'm not going to push it or test it!!

I had asked my OS about it at my last visit, maybe at 3 months post op? Or maybe at 6 months.. I don't remember now but he said to give it the full year and check back in. I think I'll give it 18 months, I believe that this hip is just slower to recover and had significant impingement issues pre op.
I also have a wee bit of a limitation with leg abduction, like when throwing my leg up and over my bike. That does annoy me and have stepped up gentle stretching and yoga for that. Which has been helping, I've been stretching more and more and it's getting easier with time.

Seriously, though, life is good with my hips.. I returned to work at 8 weeks, a very controlled return and have stayed active throughout the year and I feel strong and balanced. :bicycle1:

Sorry so late to your party @CricketHip but I too want to congratulate you on Year One!!! Thrilled that you can ride your bike again....that's an amazing benchmark. I do believe that you should give your new hip some more time for healing. I know for sure that it takes more time than that for those deep, intrinsic muscles to settle down completely.

As for me, my new left hip is forgotten. Righty, on the other hand, does crop up with some sort of "itis" as my PT likes to call it, from time to time. This time she found that my pelvis was uneven which caused my quad to not be firing. I forget the actual wording she used. She fixed me up and I'm good to go again. :egypdance:

Hubby & I went to the Trapp Family Lodge in Vt. to get away for a few days...marvelous change of scene. We went on a guided hike and at the end of the hike made our way up a steep hill to the chapel. That was fine, but coming down was very challenging. The guide had to spot my husband and me so that we didn't go tumbling down together! Nary a twinge afterward...Yay!!!

I do enjoy coming back to visit here from time to time as I have such sweet memories of my early days for each of my replacements. You, dear friend, are a treasure!

HI Teri @Bfam85 :wave: I still marvel at us having both of our hips done around the same time... twice! Your mini vacation sounds so lovely.. I soo need to get away to somewhere. aargh.

That is interesting about your pelvis and how the PT helped to reset things. Our bodies are amazing... aren't they? @Mojo333 opted to do some PT to help with her SI joints just last year,, it can be a good thing to receive a tune up occasionally. It helps to keep us from walking like this:
:chuckmarch:

Last edited:
Hello! @Hip Hip Hooray! Good to hear from you.. my hips are doing so well. Sometimes I may get a clunk or a pinch when exercising- like doing flutter kicks for instance, but really nothing to complain about..it just reminds me that I’ve got some crazy artificial joints in there.. crazy!
I think I noticed an alert that you posted on your page, will wander over in a bit. Thank you for checking in. :loveshwr:

@ceezee and I had a great meetup this afternoon! We both recognized each other with maybe a little bit of hesitation. :heehee: 2A2C4F72-58D2-4DD4-90E2-5653158F7711.jpeg CC2BFC1B-3E60-404E-A1ED-9212D27B0372.jpeg
it was a nice relaxed lunch with a lot of gabbing!
Does anybody else have issues with where to look when taking selfie’s?? I apparently do!
I’m in pink, CeeZee is in black.

:wave:So good to see @ceezee and YOU.
Both of you look great...I take the worst photos.... Or else I look different in my mind:heehee:

Love this, you two. How fun!
Cute photos and so nice of you to share. It’s great to hear you enjoyed the time you spent together also. :)

My 7 year anniversary for Lefty was a couple of days ago. 7 years!!
Still no regrets and can honestly say that my 7 yr old hip is doing so very well.
Rarely do I even think about either of my THR's, how cool is that?

Couldn't be Nicer for a nicer peson!
I am feeling the same happiness and gratitude for good hips...:friends:

I just noticed that I missed my 4 year anniversary for my RTHR. How about that? My hips feel so very good that I just don't notice the milestones any longer. My LTHR will be 8 years old in September!
Righty took much longer to "smooth out" and stop pinching when I did various things but it did disappear.

Happy 4th of July! It's a great day to appreciate our freedoms and privileges.
I spent some time in my garden, picking the last of my sugar snap peas and pulling some weeds. Times like this shows me just how far I have come.

For anyone who is debating a joint replacement, just know you will get through your recovery and will be so very happy that you did it.

It's absolutely the best! Nobody was more scared than I was to have it done, either! I guess it's one of the reasons we love to help others on this forum, right? @djklaugh

@CricketHip Absolutely! It really is a pleasure to be able to reassure and encourage others from a "been there, done that, got the scars to prove it" point of view. :SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom