THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

Ouch! I'll bet that little unintentional bridge move was frightening. One of the moments when you think - oh great, now I did it! Thankfully you're recovering.
I read elsewhere you have the wallet debacle sorted out. I'll bet you're happy to put that behind you.
I will admit again that I'm guilty of walking away from my open handbag sitting in the cart for any thief to grab contents from and run. Caught myself again the other day after I thought I'd learn from your experience. :hissy:
Hopefully it doesn't take my wallet getting lifted like yours to finally reel in my carelessness. Old habits die hard I guess.
I hope you have a great Sunday!
@CricketHip

Yesterday I needed to pick more Tylenol so was at the local drugstore. I kid you not, there was a young man with his backpack sitting in his cart and he had the straps anchored with a large chunk of a cement block! No kidding. He was in line in front of me so I had plenty of time to study his "set up" Unfortunately I don't think that helps if you are like us @Layla and we leave the anchored bag unzipped. :snork: :tantrum:

@CricketHip … I bet it was more the sudden movement rather than just the bridge. I am pretty sure you would have done that "bridge" very slowly and carefully....question: when you say upper and lateral thigh, do you mean the thigh area on the outside of your leg, not the inside? That's where I have most of my tightness/swelling...and a little also around my knee area.....after thinking more about my situation, I was wondering if the huge bruise I had in the very beginning put my leg into some sort of swelling machine and needs extra time to turn off....? Maybe...Enjoy this summer's day, Carol....Remember...this is all temporary...:yes!:

It is a beautiful summer day here in my neighborhood, @CricketHip, and I hope you are doing better, and the soreness/achiness continuing to ease a bit. Those sudden, unexpected movements can sometimes cause problems but the good news is, in my experience anyway, that with time, some rest and a bit of icing, they resolve themselves. Enjoy your day!

@CricketHip sorry you're feeling a bit sore, this is definitely a very fine line we walk during recovery. I'm still trying to figure out if some of my aches and pains are just normal healing (probably) or the result of not doing enough or doing too much. Felt really good after PT PT on Thursday and wonder if I got a little too big for my britches. As everyone says, it's only temporary and this to shall pass. I've always thought being a full time couch potato would be fabulous, finding it's much harder than expected!
:bored::rotfl:

I've always thought being a full time couch potato would be fabulous, finding it's much harder than expected!

@gertie Isn't that the truth?? It seems every single thing that I want/need to do involves a lot of steps.
I would dare to say that we are doing too much :heehee: It seems to be the nature of this beast.
@Barbaraj It's a beautiful day, here, too. Really warm, though. 92 degrees when I last looked. I sat outside on the porch until the heat drove me back in. :SUNsmile: My flowers are so pretty and was able to spot a couple cardinals, some monarch butterflies and I think maybe a little finch. :catbutterfly:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @CricketHip, So sorry to hear about your wallet. That's funny that it happens often to "middle aged women". That's too bad that you had a bit of a setback. I'm sure you will heal. Sometimes when we are stressed we are more vulnerable to pain. It sounds like you are healing very well. Glad that you have your sweet hubby to help.

@Bfam85 Yes, lateral thigh is the outside part of the thigh, and that's a good point about your hypothesis that having a hematoma is contributing to your occasional swelling in that area. Especially since it was rather significant, wasn't it?
I still blame some of your lingering edema on the heat waves on our side of the country. :snork: I can't believe how quickly my ice packs wilt in this heat.

I did enjoy my day and I hope you enjoyed yours too!! :loveshwr:

Hello @CricketHip i am so sorry to hear of your stolen purse! It shakes you to the core doesn’t it! I am like you in that added stress during this recovery feels awful and somehow worse than if we are firing on all cylinders. I am lucky that I haven’t had a purse stolen but my husband had all his money taken from his account while he was abroad on business. He had no credit card and no way of getting any money. He called me in the middle of the night in a terrible state. Luckily someone lent him some money to get to the airport to get home. Awful business.

I was told to do bridges and clams at 2 weeks which I thought was a bit early but i kind of do them a bit sporadically i dont much like the bridge but the clams loosen up my groin area a bit but are not very comfortable to do. I think jarring is the worst. My dog pulled me a couple of days ago because he forgot himself after seeing a squirrel. I let go of the lead and shut my eyes just waiting for the pain to come. When I opened them again he was still sitting next to me looking very concerned at what he had done. Luckily no damage other than shock on my part. I hope you have a lovely pain free day today

Wishing you a peaceful week and hope the Tai Chi book is beneficial to you as it is with me.

z-boa-semana11.gif Izabel xx

Oh, @CricketHip --92 degrees?! Shudder! That just sounds so awful to me, I am a total heat weenie. But until it got so hot outside, I bet it was pleasant to sit outside and survey your yard and garden. I hope you get a break from that heat soon although it is August so not terribly likely. My phone's weather app shows it reaching 81 today and I'm cranky about that, but reading other's posts with heat and humidity so much higher, I know I really shouldn't be complaining (although, heck, that never stopped me!) Hope you had a good weekend and looking forward to a good Monday.

Ugh for the stolen purse and toll it’s taken on your hip. Yay for your efforts and progress in the process of dealing with the chain of events! When I was muuuuuch younger I had my purse nabbed from the floor in the back of my car. I had driven my Grandmother to a doctor’s appointment in the city and was waiting while my Mom helped her out of the car. The car behind me saw a man sneak up and grab my purse and began honking her horn. I was annoyed thinking she was trying to rush me to move my car. When I realized, I jumped out and chased him down the street, yelling “words my mother had never heard before”. The purse was special to me, handmade by my sister of kangaroo (sounds awful but she lives in Australia. It had beautiful intricate laced seams. I it. The contents were pennies and my unemployment book. I hope he was really disappointed. The bummer was when we finally got Grandma into the office, we were at the wrong address! By the time we found the proper address and secured a police officer I was assured my purse would be in a dumpster somewhere. Today I doubt my instinct to chase would kick in!

As for the odd movement like your bridge triggering pain, I am sorry that happened to you! I’m comforted to know it’s not unusual. Hope things level off quickly!

I can't believe I am saying this but today is my 2 month update! Funny how in the middle of this recovery it seemed to be crawling along but here I am at 2 months!
I was getting discouraged, whatever I did around week 3 seemed to linger with me for a couple of weeks. Then things began improving quickly. I still used my cane through the 6 weeks mark and weaned off of it in the 7th week. Will still use it or my walking sticks if we are out for a longer walk, it keeps my gait much more balanced when I begin to tire.
Actually will still use the cane in the evenings if I find myself limping a bit, no matter how far it is into my healing, it doesn't bother me to have it, it bothers me more to think that I am not developing a strong natural gait.

The best news is that I began going into my studio, getting things straightened up and freshening up things and felt so good being there that I called in a client and did a session! It felt good, too. That was last Monday, Wednesday we went to the Air Show at Atlantic City, walked with my cane for security and also because we would be walking on the sand,, and it was no problem whatsoever.. can't tell you how thrilled I was. So on this past Friday I worked on another client and again, it felt great.
This upcoming week will plan on seeing one client per day with a down day on Thursday. I'm phasing it where on Monday it's a morning session, Tuesday is an afternoon, then Wednesday- afternoon. gives me more time for recovery.

I forgot one detail.. after I did that shifting/bridge to scoot up in bed I felt something really hurt and jolt. After about a week I talked to my chiropractor and was telling her how I couldn't control my foot from toe-ing in and when I tried to correct it my thigh muscles would protest and hurt... more like scream. She did some adjustments over the next 2 weeks on my sacrum/pelvis-- it was misaligned and I can't remember what she said , like whether it was inferior or what,, need to ask her again but that's when the magic started happening and I'm back on track.

I still fight the tight IT Band and it can get sore and achey.. the front quadricep has calmed down considerably.
I plan on taking it very slow with work, self employed, so I can easily adjust my schedule. BTW- my ITB has been a problem on my right side for years.. it's not all surgery related.. most definitely hip related, though!

So, there you have it, friends.. I am grateful to live in a time where this kind of surgery can be so successful.

:flwrysmile:

pat-on-the-back1.jpg
Happy two month hipversary, @CricketHip
Great job for a mindful recovery...I think you've done splendidly. A big pat on the back and aren't we just so lucky to be able to get healthy and happy again.

Yippy Skippy it's the Double Hippy's Anniversary.
Happy Two Month Anniversary, Carol!
I hope you and hubs have something fun planned for the day.
Can you believe it will be Lefty's four YEAR anniversary next month already?
Time sure flies when we're having fun. :happydance: :chuckmarch: :happyfeet: Enjoy the day!
@CricketHip

Thanks @Layla! This is the stage I enjoy, when finding there's bit more to accomplish and, , when you find something new you can do it's like a celebration.. woo hoo! As for the older left hip? I can hardly believe it!! 4 years soon.
Hubby and i did celebrate.. grocery shopping.. :heehee: But last night we took Rooney, our dog, for a nice walk in a park- the one that is right beside the restaurant where dogs are allowed on their outside patio. While there we ran into some old friends and enjoyed our meals together and caught up. Since we walked on uneven ground I packed my walking sticks.. I felt very cosmopolitan with them, made me look like I was some fitness person. So our friends were surprised to hear that I was just 2 months post op.. they actually did think I was using the sticks for added arm work.

Just caught up with you @CricketHip
Sounds like this2nd THR recovery has been a good one!!

Such a good attitude on the cane.... if you need it... you need it... who cares???

Hope your increased workload goes well too.. have a great week xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562