THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

CricketHip

Staff member since June 5, 2019
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
ok kids.. the time is drawing near. I figured while I still feel calm and organized that I would compose my new recovery thread.. and wow, 4 years have flown by quickly since my last THR..
I can't wait to walk without pain and sleep without waking up to pain. Those are my top 2 goals. Oh and maybe lose 20 pounds and look 10 years younger when it's over... but I think that's another thread.:heehee:
I worked in the attic yesterday and have all of my recovery tools lined up and accounted for, pillows and etc. within reach and my electric lift chair will be delivered as soon as I arrive home.
The only issue with working in the attic? It kicked up my allergies, big time, so went to bed last night on Benadryl and am using my inhaler. It's not horrible but hoping it's cleared up some by tomorrow.
I'll pack up my bag later this evening and maybe write a few more letters to family and friends who supported me and my family through the loss of our mother and maybe grab a few hours of sleep tonight. Oh!! I am to arrive at 6:15 tomorrow morning. It's about a 45 minute drive so we will be up and at 'em early. :chuck: :chuckmarch:

If I react like last time, I won't be sleeping much those first few days and will report as soon as I comfortable.

Yippie yippie, double dippy! :chuckmarch:
Wishing you all the best Mojo and can't wait to see you on the Healing Side.:egypdance:
Bye bye Hip Pain!:ok:

Best of luck!
We'll be thinking of you and looking forward to following your recovery journey.
Wishing you peace, comfort and a few hours of sleep tonight :yawn: :sleep:
See you back here soon! :yes:

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
6. Access to these pages on the website

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask the at each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice. @CricketHip

Wishing you a restful night and a smooth surgery tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you on the healing side!
:angel:

Thank you @Hippymel - I hope you are healing up really well over there in Australia!! I’m anxious to read about your journey!
@Elf1 see you shortly on the healing side of things!

@CricketHip :welome: You did it! You made it! Couldn't be more happy for someone getting her second hip!!! Rest easy dear girl....Can't wait to hear from you …

I’m on the other side! I’m doing well,, took a bit of time in recovery to get the pain meds tweaked but it’s good now.
apparently they have change the protocol on the spinal and it doesn’t last quite as long after the surgery so I woke up feeling quite a bit of pain, but nothing that would make me cry or feel like I was really suffering horribly.

I’ve already stood up and took a couple steps and would do more if my blood pressure would stay stable .

:walking:

@CricketHip so glad you've made it through and they're getting your pain meds tweaked. Now they just need to get your BP under control. Wow, already standing up and taking steps! You go girl! Looking forward to joining you on the healing side tomorrow, just waiting for the call with my report time!
:friends:

@Elf1 it’ll all start going fast now! Best wishes!! I’m pretty comfy at the moment.

@CricketHip, Now you can relax... Keep the ice coming and the pain meds and you will be fine. Hope your blood pressure regulates soon xox

Night time check in:
Everything is going very well, I decided not to take the oxycodone til later in the evening but have other good things that are helping. Have been walking to the bathroom and sitting in the side chair, too.
The low BP seems better now and am certain I’ll return home sometime tomorrow.
my leg is swelling more as the day progresses so I started my MLD protocol like I did 4 years ago..
I’m hoping to keep it at a minimum this time, too.
Let’s see, my knee has that familiar tautness and puffiness and this time the hip flexors and quadriceps are whingeing a bit more than I had on the first day of the LTHR.
But seriously, nothing is majorly impacting my happiness to be done with the surgery part!! The Dr’s really have this procedure down pat.
I’m in a very lovely room and am happily counting my blessings. I know my new guardian angel was there with me today. ❤️

Aww, your new guardian angel, so sweet. Mom watching from above :angel:
Surgery behind you, counting your blessings. It all sounds wonderful.
I hope you're able to get some restorative rest tonight. Might be difficult but we can hope and pray.:prayer:
Hugs
@CricketHip

Good morning @CricketHip:SUNsmile: New day, new healing....Fantastic update from last night!!! Up and around, BP normal, yippie hippie! just curious, what is your MLD protocol? Have a blessed day and return home xox

You must feeling incredibly relieved---the 2nd hip is now done, and you have officially started on the road to recovery:) Are you finding it helpful to have been through this procedure before, or is it so different this time that it really doesn't matter? (Asking for a friend:heehee:)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
TATTVASPA800000
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom