TKR Yippee to new knee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful start...looks like. Great Christmas in store for you....Santa gave you a new knee a week early:santa sleigh:

Vincent

You're off to a great start. :flwrysmile:

hi @jude2014 well you sound so bubbly and positive - this is a great result. Just remember to go slowly and take care of yourself - Maggie x

@jude2014 Good luck and godspeed!

Drinking plenty of water up until 4 hours before surgery? That's a little bizarre.

@treypops they like you to drink plenty of water pre op so your skin doesn't get too dehydrated and in turn your veins don't stand out much. In my case it didn't work anyway - my arms and hands ended up looking like a rainbow coloured pin cushion due to the difficulty the anaesthetist had in finding a vein to use to put me to sleep. He told me afterwards that he had ended up using ultrasound to find the best site to use. :arrow::hairpulling:

@jude2014 sorry, didn't mean to doubt you...it just sounded contrary to what ive always been told. I couldn't have food or drink of any kind for 8 hours before surgery.

Thanks to @treypops @vinny @Maggie94 @kneeper @Ellejay @referee54 @Minnie'sknees @kaw205 @SuperSnapper @lunula @chestnc and everyone who has sent good wishes. :flwrysmile:

I was discharged from hospital yesterday morning and have survived my first night at home. My husband has been an angel with all the running around and looking after me he has been doing. :loveshwr: He is off work now until the 12th January.
Well I have to say that so far I have been having a dream recuperation. The pain is totally under control with a variety of medications, am sleeping well through the night, my ROM is 90 and I can straighten the leg with little difficulty. I am using gel ice packs and a large pack of peas regularly and keeping my leg elevated as much as possible. The hospital have organised a nurse to come to the house on the 29th Dec to remove the staples and check the incision. I don't see my OS until the end of January. He came to see me each day in hospital and was very pleased with my progress. The physio saw me each day and has sent me home with a variety of exercises to do. They don't require me to attend any physio sessions unless I feel my knee is not improving.
I am so happy with the progress that I can't wait to organise a date for my left knee to be done!
I would like to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas day tomorrow and hope you can celebrate without being in too much pain and discomfort.
:merryx::treestar::nativity::box:

Great news @jude2014 Your recovery sounds like a breeze:wowspring:Just keep listening to your body, elevating, icing and resting. All the very best to you and your family this Christmas - Maggie x
:merry christmas::dancing:

I am SO happy to read that you are progressing so well! I will admit, I am terribly jealous, as well, hah! Honestly, I am thrilled for you and I hope you continue down this path to recovery - sounds like you'll be on knee #2 and I will still be trying to walk with a cane! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's fantastic news @jude2014, I'm very pleased for you. I'm sitting here icing and elevating as well, isn't it strange to think of all of us, around the globe, all sitting, icing and elevating :elevate: :heehee:.
I hope your recovery continues to go well, I wish you and your family a very :merryx:

Xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back