Yippee..I did it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyblue

Hey everybody....at PT today I made it 9 1/2 minutes on the bike!!! At first I was scared but I put my mind to it...(plus I bought a "stride cycle"--just pedals and tension). Working on my little semi-bike I did 5 minutes going forward and backwards. I want to celebrate!!! The therapist was impressed too--but the only thing I have trouble with is straightening my leg flat when I stretch it out on the table...(not sure if it ever was straight?!?) but I will work on it. Dealing with the tightness/stiffness as being just a part of recovery. Does anyone know what to use on the incision to soften the skin and where to purchase the item? Someone told me Vitamin E oil but not sure where to buy it. Once again thanks to everyone that has offered advice and words of encouragement!

That is wonderful progress!!!!!!!! As far as the Viatimin E you can get them at your local pharmacy or health food stores.

Debbi

cocoa butter has been a geat help to me . Find it at any drug store. Good luck , it too about 8weeks before I could bend my knees without feeling that the incisions were going to pop open.

Congratulations on your success. That hard work is paying off. Now I'm looking forward to my cycling tomorrow....My leg is going straight nicely. It is the bending past 100 that is killing me.
As for the scar, I would recommend the cocoa butter. I was burned when I was a kid and it did a great job of softening the scar tissue. I've also used vitamin E oil before.

Hi,
I find that cocoa butter works great on the skin and scar. I bought mine at a local grocery store in a stick format, less messy than the bar. Straight cocoa butter.
I have been told Vitamin E as well, they sell that at most drugstores as well as health food places. Even Walmart and Kmart carries both.
K

Thanks guys...I am going to get some cocoa butter today and practice my pedaling today. Starting to feel more positive everyday and your kind words and encouragement has really helped. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties