• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Yay, Special Soap Time! 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!

OP
OP
Hipster64

Hipster64

Country
United States United States
Barbaraj: My surgery is at 12:30 PM tomorrow. I was hoping to be the first surgery of the day but it did not play out that way.

I look at it this way: I can drink water up to 30 minutes before my hospital arrival time, which means I have until 12 noon. This is a positive for me because I won't be dehydrated like I was when I went in as the first surgery that day for my hysterectomy in 2011, and it took forever to find a vein to start the IV. The nurse anesthetist had to be called in after the eighth attempt. So at least I will be hydrated this time!

Ptarmigan

senior
Country
Fingers crossed! Sending you all the wishes for a positive experience tomorrow - love the way you can find an upside to your surgery time - and hoping you will be surrounded and supported by both kindness and capability :)

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Yay..:happydance:
Today is the day you get on the recovery road that leads to healthy and happy:egypdance:

Bye bye hip pain.:yes!:
Will look for you on the healing side @Hipster64

Barbaraj

supremo
Country
Well, good that you can take a philosophical view, @Hipster64, and find the positive in your later surgery today. I hadn't thought about the dehydration problem, although I'm sure I was dehydrated too. But I have big veins (phlebotomists LOVE me!) so it's never been a problem find one to stab. I expect to hear today, or tomorrow at the latest, when my report time on Wednesday will be. Still hoping it will the crack of dawn so I'll be sleepy. But who knows! Best of luck today for a smooth surgery, and comfortable start to your recovery.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi there :hi: Thinking of you this morning.
I hope you're resting comfortably and your pain is well managed. Possibly you're home by now, or on your way today. We look forward to hearing from you on the Recovery side when you're feeling up to it.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful day.
@Hipster64

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
BenF
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom