Yamhill Nancy's Sore Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamhillnancy

Country
United States United States
Hi All,
It has been a while since I have posted on this board; unfortunately, I have switched over to the hip board, since I am having my right hip replaced on August 4. I had my right knee replaced in Feb. '10 and it has never been right. It has always felt tight and sore, although I have good range of motion. The past few months the pain has gotten worse and I feel as if I have a tennis ball in my knee. When I see my OS (Andrew Yun, in Los Angeles) he says that the Xray looks "perfect" and my discomfort is coming from inflammation. I have rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, so it does make sense. Last week I went to see another doctor, Steven Sampson, who does this new thing (forget the name) where your blood is taken, spun down and then it placed in the affected area. He is a great diagnostician, so I went to see if he had any ideas. He did an ultra sound and he said that there was a huge amount of fluid in the knee. What causes fluid in the knee? He was not sure what the problem was, but thought perhaps I should have the fluid aspirated to see what was in the fluid. Are there any other tests that would be good to have, such as a bone scan? I want to know exactly what the problem is, especially since my hip is being replaced soon. I am going to call Dr. Yun's office to see if he could see me, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in to see him, especially since I want to see him before August. If anyone has any ideas about what the problem could be, I would love to hear them. Thanks so much.

Nancy:doggieshmooze:

Usually fluid comes from inflamed tissues or an over active synovium, Nancy.
But what's causing that could be anybody's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MaxiHound
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom