Yahooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyj56

It feels so good to be able to form a thought for more than 30 seconds! Today is day 15 after LTKR and I feel close to being a real person again. This has been a really tough two weeks. Tired, tired and more tired. Today is going to be the first day that I won't be sleeping between 17 to 20 hours in a 24 hour day! (I know drugs have something to do with it but regardless today is an awesome day) The sun is shining outside and I'm awake and can see it!:flwr:

My surgery went well, the DR said text book perfect. But from there it wasn't very much fun. Morphine and my body don't get along.........morphine was not helping me with my pain. Finally got all that worked out on day 2 but then suffered from major nausea, never throwing up but always the feeling and packing around the puke sack as my grandson said! I think yesterday was the first day I actually had an appetite. AND as pretty much expected I have suffered from constipation with even all the extra steps to avoid it. :th_2hissy1:DANG!

So, that's enough to let you know it hasn't been a picnic. Pain? Yes, lots of pain but as long as I am taking my Norco10/325 every 4 hours I've been doing ok. I was taking 'oxycodone 10' (1 am and 1 pm) until this morning when I said no more, maybe that is what is making me live like a zombie. So far today good, so will see how I sleep.
Thank you for being there..............was thinking of everyone.:smile:

Hi Kathy!!! It's so great to hear you've turned a corner. Here's hoping the good days continue for you. Let us know how you're getting along. You know we care about you!!

Kathy,

You definitely get an A for attitude.

Impressed how on top of things you are. Managing pain does involve some trial and error.

The only thing I would add, in a word: Metamucil.

Continued success!!

Hi!
Very happy that you can form a thought this early on....I still can't think..:th_heehee: JUST KIDDING.
You are right. This is no picnic, and there are lots of ups and downs, but the downs get shallower as time goes on.

I am 10 months out and though I have totally resumed my life, I still need the occasional pain med. Sometimes after a day out ice climbing, I'm up for Zombi-ness!!!!!

You may find your stamina has taken a hit.This is normal and you may still need an afternoon nap (I miss those, BTW). Don't push too hard.
Even though you like your sanity (I miss that too!!! never had much) don't forget to medicate when you need it.

Best,
Sandy

Keep at it KathyJ, sorry the first days have been tough for you, it will only get better. I thought we had the same surgery date 1/13/2011, did you get in a hurry and not want to wait?

You have a lot of good karma working for you, you have my wife's name and initial and 56 is my racing number so it can only get better:thmb:

Good luck and be positive
themess

Oh, I thought this was going to be about search engines!
ukp.gif
:th_heehee:

Seriously, I am delighted with your progress, Kathy. So glad we were able to help.

Kathy - So glad to hear of your progress. My first two weeks were pretty lousy with the nausea (actual vomiting) and fatigue. I'm now well into my 6th week LTKR and doing great. Problems with meds are no fun and I can relate to that as well. Keep up the good progress but don't be surprised if you have an off day now and again.

Week 3+

Thanks to all of you for your 'atta boys' on my recovery from LTKR/1/10/2011. Yes, on the ups and downs. Have had some miserable days but the good ones are joyous! I am lucky and have an awesome Pacific Home Health PT named Dan who comes to my house three days per week. PT is tough but he makes me want to do more and be his star pupil! Now isn't that corny!!! My ROM is mediocre right now but am doing better and feeling better with the pain. Have cut pain meds again, taking the 10/325 Norco and splitting them in half and taking them every 4 hours. :smile: Try to work it so I take a whole one on PT days and hour before Dan gets here.

Last night first night to actually take a shower! OMGosh, now we are talking!!! (shower towel from the hospital was awesome since I've been using them) VERY scary going up and down the stairs but DH kept saying I could do it and was very proud when it was all said and done. I really would like to move my bed back up stairs now that I know I can do those stairs but think I better wait a bit longer. Going up the stairs was very exhausting and like I said scary. I'm not ready for that every stress day to day yet.

Still don't have a good appetite but it's gradually getting better. Have not had any nauseous days this last week, yay!!!!

Having trouble with the arthritis in my left hip, seeing an acupuncturist today and tomorrow. I would say it is more painful for me at this time than my TKR! We'll see how that goes.
Thank you everyone! Once again, this is an awesome forum!:smile:

Glad you are doing well, Kathy!!! Keep up the excellent work!

Would you mind putting your surgery dates in your signature? We need it to remember when your operation was done. Here is a link to instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member