MUA X 3, Revision TKR - Morphine Implant

Hi. I am in chronic pain after 2 failed TKR on the same knee. I now only have 5% of flexion and straight.

In July 2018 I had a spinal cord stimulator inserted to help cope with the pain. I was told because it is knee pain it’s extremely difficult to control the pain. Well the stimulator has certainly helped with pain when I still still but I still need to keep my leg elevated and when I weight bear it goes from 0- 10.

I can’t walk very far either. So, this Thursday they are going to insert a morphine pump. At the moment I am still on Palexia 100 SR morning and night. I am hoping once they get the pump at the right level I will be able to get off the tablets.

I was wondering what other people’s experience are once they have had the morphine pump inserted. Thanks so much

Hello @Shamira

You'll notice that I have moved your thread from the Social Room and merged it with your original recovery thread, from 2017.
At this stage it is very important that people advising you know the past history of your knee.

For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.

I'm sorry you're still having problems with your knee. That must be very disheartening. :console2:

Did you have the knee revision that was planned for September 6, 2017, and how did that progress? Which knee is it? You didn't come back to give us any further updates.

If you can fill us in with what has happened since then, it would be helpful.

I'm going to ask @Josephine to advise you again, but I'm pretty sure she will need more details about what has happened during the past 18 months.

My goodness. You've been living a nightmare by the sounds of it. I am so sorry for all you've been through.mI hope the morphine pump helps with the pain. I have no personal experience of one but it seemed to be effective for a couple of people I knew. Take care and I hope you get some relief soon. :console2:

Yes, like did you actually have the revision and how did that go? Was it a one stage or a two stage?

Oh you poor thing. Have gone seen a different surgeon or did the same OS do your revision? It sounds like you need to go to someone completely different that knows nothing of your current doctor. That way he can look at your knee with a fresh set of eyes. I pray you can get some relief.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson