Wrap around ice pack for knee?

InkedMarie

post-grad
Country
United States United States
I realized yesterday that my Cryo Cuff motorized ice machine is still gravity fed! Due to the tiny bedroom we have, there is no place to put this in our room at night. No problem.

I am looking for something to use on my knee at bedtime. I’d like it cold, obviously and something wrap around for ease of using on a swollen knee.

I *have* seen a few online but I like hearing what people in groups/forums like or don’t like.
Thanks!

I had a Cryo-cuff and it didn't need much space to use it. The bucket just stands on the floor in between uses.
So can you not do this?

@Josephine we made a mistake of getting a bed with drawers underneath. Teeny room, we have no dresser in there. No other place to put the bed if we want to open the door and closet! I’m having many right knee done; I can’t sleep on Steve’s side of thee bed because no place for a table for it to go on and I can’t use a walker because there’s not enough room. Can’t move bed over or it would block the room.

My side has more room but it’s the entrance to the room and the Cryo Cuff would be blocking the entrance. Dogs sleep in there too....they don’t come off their beds so no danger to me but they’d run into it at bedtime (I go in before Steve)

All this is why I’m looking for a wrap around type of ice pack.

Okay, then try a few of these

gel packs mine.jpg

I appreciate those, have some but I can’t see them staying on my knee while it’s on the Lounge Doctor. OH! My LD leg wedge & pillow arrived yesterday :)

Sometimes you have to get creative.

Did you want a gel/ice pack itself that is long enough to go all the way around your knee? I actually have one, but I’ve had it for years, I got it from Avon, of all places! It was narrow though, it was designed to wear around the neck. It worked well for me, and I’d put another bigger gel pack on my thigh.

Or just something that comes with extra fabric that wraps around:

I found a gel pack that only covered part of my knee but went into a stretchy ace bandage with a pocket for the gel pack, that held it in place, and wrapped around my knee, as long as I was sitting or laying, I couldn’t walk around with it (personally that sounds counterproductive to me) I got this one from Amazon. It was a light beige color.

Simple - just wrap the ice pack in a scarf and tie the scarf around your knee!

I bought this from Amazon: Knee Ice Pack by A to P Total Knee Wraps.
It wraps ice around the entire knee.
I haven't tried it yet, but it gets good reviews, especially from people who had TKR.

20095240-3168-4818-8366-71F280C399A7.jpeg
Thanks Jockette, I just want something for ice while in bed, hadn’t thought whether the whole knee or not. Will think about a scarf Josephine ; @AnnieB is this what you got?

Last edited:
Hi again!
No, that looks similar, but I got Knee Ice Pack by A to P.
I just checked to see if it was still available on Amazon, and Phooey! it is currently unavailable. :sad:

Never fear, here's the link to the A to P website: http://www.a-pwraps.com/products.html
The testimonials are worth reading too.

I hope this helps!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks