THR Worries about pain and recovery<

@CricketHip it is the middle....yes...will try the ball..thanks...update on EMDR....l messed up :tantrum2: got there at 6.20 for 6.30 appt......door locked with padlock.....it was my mistake...put 6.30 on phone !!!!....but when l got home and read paper , which l had written as l spoke to her ...6pm :gaah:...just shows where my head is ....spoke to her ...rebooked tomorrow, but!!...she said she will have to charge me double (for missed appointment).....£140...in total.....upset me greatly, as ,l haven't worked in 9 months and l cashed in my pension pot for private OP. .but...if it works..its wirth it. ..thanks

Oh no. That’s so frustrating, glad she can see you tomorrow, though. Darn.

Not very nice to charge you double, that really annoys me, with everything your going through, would think she would have some compassion.

Well my friends...update on EMDR....so not for me...its quite a long drawn out procedure...dealing with present and past traumas....l am of the opinion that l know where my present mental condition has come from.....a broken femur , which went wrong and 8 and a half months later , l am still recovering ....the cost is enormous and l was charged £140 (she reminded me straight away that l would have to pay , even though she had locked up 15 mins after my mistaken time ) for filling out some forms....Also l didn't feel a connection with her, she seemed to have little compassion and given that l told her l hadnt worked since accident and money was tight ...she still charged the full amount for mistake in appt. time...anyways , l cannot dwell...must move forward positively :praying:....my good wishes to you all...

I have to admit I was skeptical.
Worth a try I suppose but in all honesty some things are just finding a way to put a period on it.
Cant say how that will happen for you but life can just be unfair and sadly Bad Things can happen to Good People too...like you.
The why me and what if loops we get in our head are just that...questions with mo answers.
You are strong and accepting the things we cannot change and refusing to let it define us are tough mental PT, but letting go is often the only way we can move forward.
@Fit4Family and @Izabel have had equally unfair circumstances, and can likely tell you that they probably struggle with these events too..
But you can Overcome.
Hugs @Misscarol
Let's get well!

Last edited:
Thankyou @Mojo33....you are absolutely right and l am seeing flashes :what: of light...its when l am alone...l fond it difficult....like a hamster on a wheel , trying to fill my time...which l wasn't like before.....l WILL get there....time and patience and Positivity...thankyou so much :flwrysmile:

I will be rooting for you
:flwrysmile:

Last edited:
I find that listening to meditation music, whether I actually accomplish actual meditation, is most helpful. That and practicing my deep breathing.. nice and slow..
And then there's always the reruns of Golden Girls! Seriously, watching that show relaxes me.. or maybe you have some other diversion that you enjoy.
Because you are correct, it's when we are idle that the 'what if's' start encroaching.
Take care, you'll get there.. :flwrysmile:

Last edited:
Hello @Misscarol :wave:
I hope you have a great weekend! Call a friend, get outdoors for a bit, whatever it takes to serve as a distraction and brighten your day. :SUNsmile:
You're on your way, you'll get there, you're just taking the long way :wink: Keep on keeping on. :walking:

Thankyou @Layla ...went out today with my cousin...shopping and a coffee in a nice hotel on the way home...but....although l am here with my cousin and family...cannot seem to shake the blues...its almost like a chemical reaction to something????.....however positive l try to be (and God l try ) it drags me back...but...l am not a quitter....so sorry for being a "whinge bag "...but you wonderful people REALLY help...l will be on here one day extolling the wonders of life....:SUNsmile::yes!:....much appreciation everyone

:SUNsmile: Good morning @Misscarol

Happy to see you got out with your cousin Friday. The blues have been a pretty constant companion for me. I have found sunshine, people, and life distractions to be the most helpful. I’m pretty sure it is chemical for me too, but will say persistence in getting outside and doing self care are nudging me in the right direction. I thought about taking something, but decided to try wholistic approach first. I am slowly turning the corner. Not healed, but healing. I had really lost all hope. Just sending you some :flwrysmile: today. Here for you friend. Keep the faith.

Like you both I have been plagued by 'the blues'. Even with a painful and collapsing hip I managed to keep things going in the house, and the garden fairly tidy. Though H has been really supportive, the state of the garden coupled with almost constant pain in both legs has been so depressing, it really is difficult to stay positive - which is why I find this forum so helpful. I must admit I find the accounts from those of you who have suffered from similar issues and have dealt successfully with them, to be really inspiring. I try not to read posts from those hippies skiing after just 2 weeks post surgery or similar!! @fanny23

I try not to read posts from those hippies skiing after just 2 weeks post surgery or similar!

Good...because they're most likely lying anyway. There's a thread on that topic in the Social Area that may give you ladies some laughs -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/tall-tales-from-the-thr-fairy-tale-book.49667/

I sympathize with your frustration in things not being kept up to your standards. It can feel unsettling. My hubs was also very attentive but his organizational and cleaning skills are lacking. Each time I'd get out of my recliner I was afraid to look at the mountain of dirty dishes teetering on the counters edge with each kitchen cabinet door wide open and dust bunnies dancing about the kitchen floor. My center island had become Command Central and nothing remotely kitchen related could be found on its surface.

All you can do is laugh....or cry as I did one morning to my mom on the phone. :bawl: Within hours she and my sister were over, vacuuming, doing dishes etc. I was extremely thankful and felt much more relaxed afterward.

Is there anyone you can call in for favors? I believe that when people offer to help out, or ask you to notify them if you need anything, they mean it. At least I'm sincere when I offer myself, or the words don't come out of my mouth.

At six months post op, you still have healing going on. Some heal at a slower pace than others. However, you will get there. Hang in there and stop by often. We'll be here for you.

@Misscarol
I have every confidence you are currently taking steps in the right direction and as long as you can stay focused and busy, I'll bet things improve quickly. I will reiterate from elsewhere what I posted and that is to structure your days ahead of time. Fill them, squeezing out time for negative thinking to take over. Invite people into your home and create happy memories with loved ones there so your home becomes your refuge and happy place making others want to visit and a spend time there also.
I hope you both have a great day!

Last edited:
@Fit4 @Layla @fanny23 ....l so appreciate and get strength from your posts...its a very lonely place..in your head :what:....l do structure my time most days , but , sometimes l feel like s hamster on a wheel...just exhausted...just can't seem to get that dowwwwnnn time.....anyways....l have faith this will pass and that's because of you guys....you are just wonderful , caring people and l thank you from the bottom of my heart...:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

I

Sending a hug :console2:
You're going to be okay...I truly believe that. :yes:

Hi @Misscarol
Wondering how your week went? I hope you're feeling stronger and your days seem a bit brighter.
We're in the midst of a holiday weekend on this side of the pond. The weather in my area is beautiful with a touch of Autumn in the air and the tops of the Maples turning crimson. So pretty!
I hope you've enjoyed the weekend so far and are feeling more hopeful about the days to come.
Hugs to you.

@Layla ...how kind of you...l have had an interesting week....went to see the physio on Wednesday...a new guy...the head of department and ,his had a hip replacement :).....l spoke about the pain etc l have been having...he said "let's see you walking without crutch "...after 3 or 4 steps , he shouted STOP...your hip is not ready...your muscle is not strong enough. he also examined the hip /scar and said...it is so tight and put me straight back to 4 very gentle excersizes..5 reps..6-8 times a day...Also (l didnt have any bruising) he thinks the bruising was internal and has advised arnica cream and very very (felt like a fly on my leg ) gentle finger massage on the scar perimeter..
I am also going to a"well woman " retreat for 5 days.....with emphasis on yoga (l will be limited), meditation, counselling and healthy eating regime...its a small group of 6...never met any of them before , but hey "lm a big girl "...it has great reviews for putting people back on track with life.....have had ups and downs with anxiety attacks. .l have s theory with that?....l started taking high potency multivitamins...4 weeks ago...with high vit.b content...l have noticed that every time l take them l become very anxious slowly after...l then googled this and a lot of people (l am very sensitive to any medication) react like this!!..l have stopped them immediately...its a long old journey....but...l WILL get there....thankyou for your care Layla :console2:

Hello again :wave:
If you find the exercises cause increased pain, please stop them right away. Hopefully that won't be the case, time will tell.

It's great to hear you're going to the retreat. I hope you find it beneficial and leave there feeling relaxed, recharged and ready to get back to your life with a renewed strength and optimism.

Interesting theory on the multi-vitamins. It's good you made the connection and hopefully you'll continue to feel less anxious while off them.

Please leave us an update after the retreat and let us know how you're doing. We'd love to hear from you.
Until then...wishing you only the best!
@Misscarol

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks