THR Worries about pain and recovery<

That’s a great update ... so pleased all going so well!!

Did laugh at your driving comment though [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Do remember to take it easy though.. still early days!! xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will...feeling very sore today...all the walking....physio etc.....

It's easy to over do when you get the green light to return to activities. Just rest, ice and elevate and try again another day. Ease into any new activity. You'll get there!

Your right Jaycey...its bitter sweet...green light , but stay on amber alert...frustrating...but, better than before....l want to run , dance and everything, but....l will be a good girl :bored:...doesn't come easy.....

Hello everyone....is it just me ???? But l was given the green light on Tuesday. Horrible green compression tights....gone!!. Xrays perfect. l can drive (really).. 1crutch.. So why have l had a complete meltdown tonight?? Its 7 months on Tuesday and l just am totally , utterly fed up now and l have this part of me that feels worse (how silly is that) than l did before ???? Why ? Has anyone else been there ??

Ps. still in pain and cannot walk independently (feels too heavy) but much more independent than before..

Thankyou Mojo...you always lift my spirits....l just gotta get on with it....the hare and the tortoise :bored:....l will get there...gorgeous day again..enjoy....

l will get there...gorgeous day again..enjoy....
You will get there.
Slow and steady does win this race.
I hope you get out and get some fresh air and sunshine too.:SUNsmile:

:bored: (I love this guy...on a lighter note, think how tough your fingers will be):heehee:

You're right Mojo....and...how dare l indulge myself and moan....my brother and his wife have just lost one of their best friends (60) to pancreatic cancer...diagnosed 3½ weeks ago....and died yesterday...soooooo...this is just short term in the whole scheme of life...:sad:...l will be fine.....X

@Misscarol, I too was shocked when I got with the blues ... around weeks ... 6 to 9 ... I think this stage for some of us ... is like the middle part of a story ... we psyche ourselves and worry and pray and fret and then take the leap to have the surgery. After surgery we are relieved to be done ... and the first few weeks, there is so much mundane stuff to pay attention to ....

I think our bodies and spirits say, "Hey, we're out of danger. Let's chill right now." And that brings on the blues ... and progress is uneven ... that brings on blues ... I think a breakthrough for me occurred when I could walk without a device ... which I did around weeks 8 & 9 ... though I would walk for stretches while holding the cane earlier than that ... But once I started walking without the cane, there was a definitely mood boost.

I'm three months into PT ... which I didn't expect to do ... but did starting at month 6 when I felt things were slow ... and got a big mood boost from that ... big boost as muscles got reactivated and strengthened. (I support the BS suggestion of walking for PT ... I waited for six months until there was a lot of soft tissue healing.)

So, totally normal to feel blue right now ... I think it's the crash after all the hard work. It's like we can "afford" to get blue at this point ... and couldn't earlier in the process. So your spirits will pick up again ... enjoy that driving for now!

Thankyou Going4fun.....its good to feel your not alone in this long journey....you did well...l am on one crutch....7weeks in (since hip replacement) and just cannot seem to get to none !!! Leg feels too heavy and color of foot/heel purpley blue !!! Anyone else had this...am rotating, walking etc etc......

how dare l indulge myself and moan
My dear lady, if you can't have a moan on here, where can you? This is the crying post for everyone and all kinds if situations so never feel you have to apologise about it or explain.

Did you read the article Mojo left you the link to? It will explain a lot about the "post-op blues". We all got them.

Thank you Josephine. Will read again!! Do you have a view on heel/foot discolouration? 7months since original OP so lots of inactivity, but not now!?

Sorry, I don't. And I don't think many doctors do either!

Yes....walked a bit further this morning...arm on right (LHR) doing a funny lifting action...as if its propelling me ???....cant seem to do it without that happening....does anyone else relate to that ????....any tips...would be appreciated...have a lovely day everyone.....also walking is not smooth ...definite limp :flabber:

:happydance:Great to hear those short walks have boosted your confidence!
That hip is very strong...it's all that traumatized soft tissue...muscles and tendons, etc that is trying to make a comeback.
I agree with Jaycey, do continue to use the cane and incrementally things will continue to improve!
You are going to get there, but right now your body is in charge.:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom