Worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melani

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi
I've not been on here for ages been too busy getting on with my life pain free!
I had my T.H.R on 5th Aug. 2010, & i've being great.
However a few eeks ago i started getting a bit of pain, which settled afer resting for a bit.
But a few nights ago I went for a walk and I was very sore & limping quite a bit; once I got home & rested it settled. It has been ok since, until today. I've been busy doing housework and now i'm sore & limping. It took me 6years to pluck up the courage to have the op. & the thought of something been wrong now, terrifies me!
Why would I be getting pain now when i've done nothing different? i'ts been such a relief to have the op. behind me & to have been doing so well, and now I feel really worried & confused. :what::scratch:

Melanie x

Hi Melanie! I'm sure Jo and the other knowledgeable people will have some advice for you soon. Here's my experience: I had both of my THP's in 2009 and have had some on an off discomfort in my left hip just until this fall. It wasn't anything major but enough discomfort to cause me to worry. I finally realized that anytime I was hurting, it was directly due to me over-doing things, especially in the garden! It sounds like that could apply to you too.

Hi Melanie

What sort of pain is it, more muscular or in the bone / joint?

I have been having a similar thing on & off since February. Recently i started to get some pain, not discomfort, right in the joint as i walked and when lifting my leg, which then caused me to walk funny and then the pain & discomfort went into my back, legs and i really start to struggle.

I took it easy for a while and after a few days it started to tail off before going back to normal, and then about 2 weeks later i had the same thing happen again.

The thing i am finding frustrating is i cant link it to anything or find a pattern so i dont think for me its doing too much. Have knocked alcohol on the head for a while to see if that was contributing (which it isn't) as i was always sorer after a drink but that appeared to be due to sitting in uncomfortable chairs and sofas rather than the booze. Anyway being off it for a while wont hurt!

Mines a metal on metal so having annual checks, it was xrayed last month and all looks fine, no change from last year, so just waiting on the blood results.

Let us know what happens with it, hope it improves soon for you, Paul

Worried, I can say that I wished you had just dropped in to say Hi. But that doesn't seem to be. Sorry you are hurting now. It sounds as if you do know we support each other so welcome back. I had a TRK in september so I still trying to get over the surgary which seems to be working. Its my knees so I can't help you but I can say stay safe, rest, ice and do pain control if you need to. I know you know the drill. As for being worried, I find staying busy best for that. The ones who knows things will be coming along soon. :doggieshmooze:Tashia::flowerysmile:

Melanie, I'm assuming that the pain is in your operated hip, right? If so, why not make an appointment for a check by your surgeon. Since it's happened a few times now, it might be good for your peace of mind to find out it is not related to your hip implant.

Hi Melanie

Yes Jamie is so right, contact your surgeon, otherwise you will be worried.. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about :)

Melanie, I notice that you have been replying to emails you're receiving from our system as well as posting on the forum. Please know that those email notifications are merely a system-generated message to let you know that there is activity in a thread you are subscribed to. When you type a response, no one reads or replies to it. And we certainly don't want THAT!!! So, please only post updates and concerns here on the forum. That way you will get timely responses from your fellow BoneSmarties!

Hi Melani, I had my THR in May the same year. And I agree with Caroline - it I over do things are or start to do something new I get sore. Rest and some pain meds and I am up and at it the next day.

You are using muscles in a whole new way. You may be getting more active and just not realizing it. If you are worried by all means contact your OS. But I'll bet it's nothing to worry about.

Please let us know!

How's the pain? I hope it is getting better. I have this belief and that is if it get worse or last for over a week, I make a appointment to my General Doctor. However if I am really alarmed I call the surgen. I did with my knees because all of soon they got hot and my gut said something was wrong. I was right, they had gotten a infection. I am not saying it that, just listen to your gut, it usually right. This is a long ago and all is well. Please take care and stay safe.

Hi
I remember reading your threads pre and post op. thanks for your reply, it does settle when i rest but before i was doing as much activity as i like pain free! I see my G.P on Thursday so fingers crossed I'll fel better then
Melanie x

Hi Melani hope you are doing ok we shared the same op date if you remember only I had my knee done.
Hi
Yea i remember you, how are you doing? I've been great up until last few wks. I'm still so much better than pre op but just worried with increasing pain after walking/housework etc.
Melanie x

Not good Hun I was ok for a while then I just went downhill I'm waiting to see my surgeon on stronger meds than I've ever been on but that's life there was no guarantee.

I really hope this new Pain your experiencing is something easily fixed xx

R bless u Natalie, bet yr fed up. Is there nothing they can do for you?
I had an xray last Fri so waiting on results.
Melanie x

HI
Thanks for your feedback, it helps to hear others experiences.
I've had an xray last fri. Just to hopefully rule anything out.
Melanie

hi Jacey
I remember you from when I had my op.
Thanks for your reply, its reassuring.
I've had an xray, just waiting for results,hopefully
just to rule anything out.
Melanie x

Hi Melanie, any update since your X-ray? We are all hoping it was just muscle pain, but please keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back