Worried Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pedal exerciser also. My home therapist brought one for me to use during her visits and I liked it so well that I sent my daughter to the medical supply store to buy one. This and the skateboard were my best investments in exercise equipment. Karen

Nursepair; thanks for asking, April 7. I have been haunting this forum for over a month no wonder you forgot. You cannot believe how much info I have picked up from reading all the posts from you guys. I really feel like it has given me a lot to be thankful for and that I am much better prepared than I would have been had I not found all of you. Rowdy

Skateboard???? Please tell me you aren't skateboarding!

No, no, no..... Just sit on a chair with room underneath and using a skateboard, scoot your leg back and forth to gain flexion. I got a laugh out of that one!

That's a relief! I couldn't imagine skateboarding while recuperating from TKR! I was really going to be impressed.

I can't imagine skateboarding after I've fully recovered.
Skeet, PLEASE, if you ever hear of Dougie saying he was on a skateboard, fly to Tallahassee, get a big stick an whop me up side the head as I glide by.

SKATEBOARD!!! What an awesome idea! I tried using a magazine, but it just didn't work. (It kept tearing instead of moving) I have 2 skateboards in the garage. Hmmmm....another idea to improve my flexion after my MUA.

Thanks ALL!

Laurie

1jt, way to go!!

atbn0_google_com_images_62b1bb9cc6f573c790ca5a20f01bb906._.jpg

BTW, folks - this is my 1,000 post!!

Yea Josephine! 1,000 posts!!!!!!

Yes, that's a picture of me taken yesterday, right before I got peeled off the sidewalk with the help of two strangers! Feeling okay today, but as expected, I've got some achy muscles going on..... Karen

Pleased to hear it, Karen. When I took such a tumble last year, I ended up partially dislocating my shoulder. Not nice. I am pleased to hear you have been luckier.

Oooouuuuhhhh! I know that hurt! I hope it all healed up okay.

My teenage daughter dislocated (Sublaxation sp?) her knee before Christmas. Her knee cap was over to the side of her leg. Luckily no surgery was needed. All I could think was that she was going to need knee replacement surgery when she's older. None of us would wish that on our child! She's fine now after 6 weeks on crutches and some PT. I was still walking with a cane at the time and we were a really pathetic pair when we went out shopping together during the holidays. Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom