THR Working out this recovery thing finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@froggymom thanks so much for keeping me in your prayers. I always appreciate that. I am feeling so much better. I am still taking OTC meds . I don't think there is anything wrong with the other meds apparently I am just a lightweight and can't handle them :snork:. Hope you are doing well . Take care.

Thanks so much @DizzyBlond . I am feeling much better. I just wanted to get all of this nasty stuff over with early in my recovery lol! I appreciate your prayers for a good week. I hope you have a good week also. Hugs.

@Wrknitout - I'm so glad to hear that each day is getting better for you. Remember that this is a process so pace yourself accordingly. It sounds like you've got a good handle on the drugs (or lack of)....listen to your body Each day brings another ray of sunshine!

@Nana2-8 thank you for the good advice. I will do my best to remember to pace myself . It is so good to be feeling better that it makes me wish there was some way to fast forward this recovery. I feel like I have been on pause for some time now. I am getting so anxious to push the play button.

@Wrknitout Glad to read things are looking up for you. Thanks for all the details. I hope you continue to heal and don't get too ahead of yourself. Take it easy and remember, this time next year you will be doing what ever you want to! Hugs

@Tweetybrd Thanks! I know you are right! I am hoping to get in some working out and get in better shape by next summer. My bikini days are definitely over but, I want to be strong and fit for biking, hiking and everything else that comes along like chasing after some active little grandsons when I can see them. I know you are supposed to live in the moment but, I sure can't help but look ahead. I think your timing is good for your surgery. I know you would like it earlier but, it will be after the holidays and in the middle of gloomy winter. Hopefully you won't be feeling like you are constantly missing out on stuff.

Oh, yes, that good ol' "fast forward button!" There is nothing like wanting out of this recovery process and back into the normal swing of things, is there, Brenda!?! I think I mentioned somewhere in my recovery thread that in the months leading up to my THR, my thoughts were pretty much consumed with all things surgery! I didn't give the recovery aspect much thought - I guess I figured it would just happen, and I'd be on my way to being able to walk without pain! The recovery aspect has been more challenging than I expected, but at the same time I'd have to say the harder parts of the journey don't last long. I've been living on ice for the past 4 weeks, and know that's been a real help. (Of course, there have been the occasion ice pack "oh no's!" - like the time I woke up at 3 am in a completely sopping bed! My poor husband was jolted out of sleep by my "OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!" - only to then have to completely strip the sheets, remake the bed and then get me a brand new ice pack! I don't think we got much sleep that night! ;-) With each week that passes you'll get clearer and clearer glimpses of the normal life you've not been able to live for what I'm guessing has been quite a while... oh, that's where it starts getting really good!!! We're on our way, Brenda!!!! xoxoo

Well I'm on the other side now. From my experience with my left hip revision(last December) I know that I've got a good 6-7 months before I'm really able to get around. But in the end it's all worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@Wrknitout Yes! I cant wait to get back to riding my bike. And playing with my Grandson. He is so sweet and I cant do the things he wants to do atm. :(

That is so true about my surgery time. I knew I didn't want it around the holidays. The good thing about living in AZ and having my surgery in January, is I will be able to do my walks outside and not melt into the sidewalks. LOL. I feel for @belweav who had her surgery in July and was just to the south of me.

I hope you are having a good day and resting. :)

Oh the heat. We have been having 110 plus temps. I look forward to October. It should finally be down in the 80s

Hi everyone I just wanted to give a quick update...well yesterday the 17th was such an awesome day in my recovery. I walked with my hubby and my walker all the way around the block. Our block is good size our house backs to small green space then a windy walk path then cross road again and you are back on my street and all the way down to our house. I was proud that I was able to get it done. I did run in to a young slight man holding a large black lab cross that was fearful and very reactive to my walker it was a little unnerving even for a big dog person like myself due to my circumstances. I also got a chance to speak with a neighbor I had not yet had a chance to meet so that was nice. I came home and immediately iced and elevated. I was worn out. As I was walking it dawned on me that I was walking that walk with less pain than I had the last time I walked it. It was a good day.

Today I had my two week post op check...I am doing very well with one possible exception..Some of you may know I was pretty sick for quite a few days right after my surgery. Most of my symptoms resolved with the exception of one. I won't go into details but, my OS ordered a dif c test at the hospital lab immediately following my appointment. I should have results in a couple of days. I made an appointment per my OS request with a new PCP . I was asked by him to get in within the week they can treat me if positive or not I guess, after all Orthos are bone docs. I have never met her but, was able to get an appointment for Tuesday. I am nervous about this latest development. I would appreciate prayers. I am hopeful this is just a small bump in the road that will not turn into a big one or have a negative affect on my recovery. If any of you have dealt with this issue I would be interested in your experience if you are comfortable sharing. I am tired so I need to leave it at that for now but, I hope you all had a blessed day in your journey.

Brenda, we have had members who have had to deal with c.diff. It can be a rough road to travel....I sincerely hope that your test comes back negative, and you are able to resolve that particular symptom quickly. If it turns out to be bad news, we can try to find some of the members who have dealt with it. You could also try doing a search (search bar is at the top right of this page) and see what posts show up. I'll be watching to see what kind of news you get....fingers crossed for only good news.

Sharon

@sharonslp thank you so much for your reply. I am trying hard to keep a positive attitude. Yesterday was a bit of a "zinger" though. Hopefully I don't have it but, if so I will look for posts from others in that situation. I think I have decided to wait until I get my results though because, I don't want to start obsessing more than I already am. I was thinking of reading some before then but, decided I better not :snork:. I will update when I get the results and until then keep smiling , icing , elevating , walking and checking in on my bonesmart friends. Thank you Sharon. :fingersx:

Sending prayers, Brenda - it it ends up being c.diff, that the meds will kick in fast and completely take care of the issue; if it's not, that it will all be finished with quickly so you can get back to enjoying your walks around the block - just a prelude to the many more adventures in walking that lie ahead for you! Oh, the joys of having a pain-free joint!!!!! You're doing SO well for being so freshly post-op!!!!!

I just got caught up on your thread (I was on vacation) and am saddened to hear that you've had such a rough time during your early recovery. Please know I will be praying for you diligently. I think you are wise to wait before searching about something that you prayerfully won't have. God bless you Brenda....xoxoxo

Thank you so much @DizzyBlond and @Cynthia777 for your prayers. I was supposed to get the results yesterday but, the hospital lab made an error and tested for other issues but, not the c dif. I was so disappointed and upset. I am anxious to get this under control. My energy has been very low and I need nutrients in my body for healing. I don't want anything slowing my recovery. I need to get strong to return to work. I have to go through the testing again. Hopefully there will be an answer in a couple of days. I am trying hard to remain positive I know it could be worse. I am really trying to remember to focus on something I am grateful for when I get really down. I am very grateful that my bone on bone pain is gone that is definitely something to be thankful for.

I need to go do some reading and see how things are going. I am a little behind. Hugs to you both . Take care.

Brenda

Sigh... it's so hard when things don't happen the way we want or need them to!!! I'm so sorry you've got more waiting to do, but try to hold onto that "big picture" perspective - this will be a distant memory not too long from now! I completely agree with you - sometimes just realizing that the pain is gone, gone, GONE as we walk around the house is enough to fill our hearts with gratitude, and minimize the inevitable frustrations! I'm praying they'll get things straightened out soon!!! xoxoxox

Brenda- It's hard enough to get thru this recovery thing without having lab 'flub-ups'! You're doing a good job of maintaining your cool. While you take a deep breath and submit yourself for more testing, we've got you covered in the prayer and support department. Hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties