Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Ooh thank you @Majic, yes I will try that. Anything rather than more tablets. I know my stance is a bit strange looking in the mirror. I don't think I stand straight very well. Yet before everything I used to have perfect posture x so that's got to be worth a thought xx

Admin note: If you are posting regarding NanaMoon's upcoming knee surgery, please go to her pre-op thread.
This is a recovery thread for her first TKR.

Just realised my one year anniversary for my revision was a couple of days back!!!

The good news is that after a very long recovery, the revision the knee feels and functions as a real one.

Really good flexion and extension.

Still some stiffness now and again but it goes once I'm up and about. No really bad pain now unless standing for long periods

I'm glad I had the revision done

Hi Nana moon 27
It just occurred to me that we have not written in a while. I am glad you are doing well. My hip revision year anniversary would be mov 25 and would be great too except that I am still battling this DISLOCATING! It is painful and has taken over my life. I am sick of waiting for this "special part" that Stryker is supposed to be making me.

ITS BEEN 4 MONTHS NOW! I think someone dropped the ball. I am going
To call them on monday--again!

Anyone know anyone else with the same problem?

Well good luck to Nana Moon-- so happy for you!!!!

Birdie 53

NanaMoon27,
Happy to read your revision knee is doing well, hope the second knee is not far behind.

Hi lovely to hear from you @Birdie53 and @Pumpkln. Yes this was one physically and mentally challenging recovery ever. It's such a relief to say that it's ok now.

Birdie I have a new thread now. It's at the bottom of my profile called Nana Moons shiny new knee. I had my other knee replaced at the end of May this year.

I was alarmed when booking my travel insurance they too mentioned dislocation. I'd never heard of replacement knees dislocating or hips for that matter. Now Birdie has mentioned it I wouldn't even like to guess the pain.

Birdie please take care and stay in touch.

Pumpk1n it's lovely to hear from you. I sincerely hope that you're doing okay too?

Love Nana Moon 27 xxx

congrats, Nana Moon! it is along recovery time and the victory for us is deeper ? Hope you continue to have great success?

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Nana Moon 27, I was delighted to hear how great you are doing! :wowspring: Congratulations. I hope you continue to improve.
I am currently giving my knees (and hips and back) the workout of their lives. .. we are on the Camino de Compostelo in Spain and have just completed about 90 km in 6 days. On to Santiago manana!

Hi Ann. Just checking in. Hope all is well ( did you get my email)?
❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014

Hi anyone who's reading this nightmare that WAS my recovery. The good news is that it was my second year Akneeversary on 3rd of January. This knee is functioning like a normal knee! :yay::yes!::egypdance::wowspring::flwrysmile:
I honestly never thought this time would ever come. Yes, it was an exceptionally long recovery but I've spoken to others on this site and it's been reassuring that a lot of people can or may take longer than others to recover. This site was a lifeline to me and I've made many friends here, past and present. The support in my darkest days of recovery and after the revision was so wonderful. I thank you all sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

I'm off all painkilling meds apart from paracetamol (Tylenol). I get the odd bit of stiffness, mild aches but this knee bends beautifully and performs like a normal knee. I still cannot kneel on it though. It feels very weird. It's fantastic not to have the arthritic and bone on bone pain that I had.

Take care and take it easy...you are allowed! Just remember never to compare your recovery with that of others. Recovery is as individual and unique as we are as human beings. Please try NOT to beat yourself up if your recovery is slow too. I was told at the start "slow and steady wins the race". Upon reflection, this is so true. You have to try and accept that your life changes temporarily during the recovery. It will return. Oh, one last thing...sometimes after surgery, in the very early stages of recovery, we think we've made a mistake having it done and ask ourselves why on earth we made the decision. Think about your reasons why you opted for surgery. You will come through this and you will be okay.

Good luck with your recovery :flwrysmile:

Love Nana Moon 27 xxx

Wonderful report Ann!! Yea!! I am so delighted for you to be feeling this great. I was a bit disappointed in that at 3 years out, I cannot comfortably kneel either; one of those things we'll just have to live with. :shrug: But to be painfree is wonderful and I am glad that time has arrived for you at last.

Ann, your post brought joy to my heart! You have been through so much these past years but stuck it out and now you have a functioning knee!!! I'm so happy for you. Here's hoping the second knee follows suit very soon so you can truly get on with enjoying yourself and your life.

Bless your heart, Ann. I am delighted to read your report and feel the joy in your words. That's what it's all about - TKR and BoneSmart!
I still cannot kneel on it though. It feels very weird.
Don't worry - that happens to some of us. I could ever kneel with my first knee - I even tried a pile of cushions and memory foam but no good. And now I find my second knee is the same. It's so frustrating to not be able to kneel and getting up off the floor is a real test of endurance. I fell in the garden once, on a concrete pathway and it took all I had to roll over onto my knees so I could get up. :censored:

Lovely to hear from you - now go forth and enjoy your life !!! :ok: :yay: :happydance: :cheers:

Hi Ann,
I just saw the photos of your winter holiday. You look so happy in them. It was great to see you enjoying yourself.
It's wonderful news that you are enjoying life again. You deserve it. :friends: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft