THR Woo-Hoo! THR May 28!

Mcapp

Country
United States United States
Hi Everyone!

So thankful to have found you, I got the confirmation on Friday that my postponed left hip replacement (anterior) is actually going to happen on May 28! I’m not new to Orthopaedic surgery, I had a torn bicep and rotator cuff repaired in my left shoulder June, 2018. Ouch. I hear this will be a lot better and an easier recovery, and I can’t wait for the pain to disappear from my life!

Oooops. I meant THR.:heehee:

Hello @Mcapp - and :welome:

Thank you for your surgery dates. I've done your signature and added your name to the May Marvels surgery list.

Here is some reading to help you prepare for your surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

PS: I edited your thread title, too.

Welcome to bonesmart and congratulations on getting a date for your hip replacement. Definitely something to celebrate. If there are any questions that pop into your head while you are getting ready for surgery, please ask and someone usually has an answer or suggestion.

Welcome! Thanks for joining us.
May 28th...not long to wait now. Hopefully you have something planned for the long holiday weekend to serve as a distraction.

I look forward to following your recovery journey and wish you comfort as you await your date. :)
@Mcapp

Sending best wishes for a successful surgery with great pain control and a smooth recovery.

See you on the healing side, @Mcapp
Healing vibes coming your way:tada:

@Mcapp hope you're resting comfortably and look forward to seeing you on the healing side when you feel up to it.

Happy One Month Anniversary!
Please leave an update if you stop by. We’d love to read how you’re progressing.
A great week to you! :)
@Mcapp

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks