THR Wobble49's recovery thread

Good Morning :wave:
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I just noticed your surgeries are only one day off of exactly five months apart.
Wishing you comfort and a wonderful weekend!
@Wobbly49

Hey,I

Hope you're all well?

Yea 5 months almost to the day as you said, I didn't realise until you said it just didn't register with me

Would have been going on 3rd Oct but I have to have a tooth out first been given 4 antibiotic tablets to take 1 hour before the dentist appt fingers crossed no infection afterwards

Here in the UK things have changed and you're not getting antibiotics routinely before dentistry but the orthopedic surgeon asked for them so they've been given

So much to sort out need to get Christmas sorted before I go in, rotas for work some hr work to finalise , visit to mother 200 miles away etc........

Not stressing it what's not done is just gonna be tough and will have to wait.

Take care

Wobbly xx

Hi Wobbly, :hi:
You'll be happy once you have the dental issues resolved.
Aaah, Christmas may be on my mind also if my surgery was only 8-9 weeks before the big day. It's hard to judge how motivated you'll be to get out shopping or prepping. If you're talking about shopping, there's always online. Not the same as seeing it and touching it in person, but good in a pinch. It's awesome you're not stressing about anything with less than a month to go now. Wishing you comfort as you wait. :)
@Wobbly49

:hi:@Wobbly49
Just wondering if all went well with the dental work and if you are all settled for hip 2?
Hope this week is relaxing and I'll be rooting for you. :ok:

Hi Layla and Mojo333,

Hope you're well??

Thank you for your messages.

The dental work was difficult, the tooth was well rooted and the dentist had to separate the tooth from the root in the end. I was in that chair 45 mins poor dentist out his back out trying to get it out. And then I got dry socket rather painful even with all the meds I take, so back to the dentist had to scrape around in it to make it bleed to get another blood clot to form, he also inserted an antibiotic gauze, and now I'm healed ready for my hip surgery.

Still feeling ok about it, no real nerves at the moment but am still at work all week and babysitting Tuesday and Wednesday so am pretty busy. I have the weekend off work and my bag is packed and ready.

Been to town and bought all my Xmas cards today, done the majority of my Xmas shopping, just gotta write them wrap them and finish off the shopping getting there , the bungalow however is a bit of a mess so that will be my weekend chores get this place ready for my return. After my visit to the hairdressers - must have my hair sorted - wow check out my priorities .

Hope I'm still this calm by the weekend

Xxx

:blush: Jeez, I feel like such a slacker.
I didn't prepare for anything (not recommended)
Boy, I'd rather have double hip surgery over a dry socket... had one...it was horrible.
They take that antibiotic gauze and pull out 15 yards and proceed to stuff it in that hole with a crochet hook!:nah:

Glad you are ready to get this last recovery on the road.

Hi @Wobbly49 it's nice to hear from you!
The dentist threw out his back trying to extract your tooth?!!
Oh my goodness! The entire tooth saga sounds like a nightmare. Thankfully it's over and you're ready to roll!

Only 6 days to go. It's great you're not nervous. I'm sure working all week and babysitting a couple times will help keep your mind off surgery. I've read of many women getting hair cuts, color, pedicures etc before surgery. It's a mood booster and helps you feel a little better about yourself in those early days post op, so why not...Right? :wink: Plus we never know how long it will be until we make it to the salon again.

I'm surprised you squeezed in all the Christmas prep. That's amazing!
Wishing you comfort as you wait out these final days before surgery. :friends:

:hi: my soon to be Double Hippy Pal.
Happy 5th Hipversary for #1 and I know you are probably nervous so I wanted to let you know that we are wishing you all the best.
Healing hugs in advance
:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

@Wobbly49 Well, it's already time again! Soon you will have both surgeries completed (like tomorrow!)

You sound like you are ready and prepared, and that's a good thing. Wishing for you the best tomorrow, you got this! :flwrysmile:

Best wishes tomorrow!
Hopefully you're able to get some sleep tonight.
Will look forward to hearing from you once you're feeling up to it. :)
@Wobbly49

@Wobbly49 wishing you the best tomorrow, hopefully you're fast asleep and having a peaceful night! :praying:

Hello @Wobbly49
With surgery behind you now I hope you're resting comfortably and your pain is well managed. Will look forward to hearing from you once you're settled in at home. We'll be here. :)
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful evening.

Hi @Wobbly49 :wave:
I was hoping I'd see an update and find you home and healing.
Hope your pain is well managed and you pop by soon.

Hi everyone,
Thank you all so much for all of your kind wishes hope you're all ok?

Well I'm going to have to say that no 2 hips are the same, I've had a tougher time this time think surgery was approx 3hrs start to finish - my recollection of the clock surgeon said it was a tough one feel like a herd of elephants has run over me, had a bad reaction day after surgery when they tried to get me up, BP dropped badly, catheter fitted abt 10pm after the surgery. Treatment 2nd to none in our wonderful NHS we're so so lucky really can't ask for more from these amazing people.
I've bled a bit too might have to get this dressing changed before long.

Would I do it again? Well at my age I may well have to but I'm hoping that's a long way off

hubby back to work tomorrow so I'm at the mercy of my son for a few days until hubby is off again I'm lucky they're both shift workers.

Take care xxx

:loveshwr:So glad to hear from you, but not so much about the rough start this time around.:umm:

Hope all begins to level out soon...healing hugs @Wobbly49

Congrats on your new hip!
I'm sorry this recovery is getting off to a rough start and feeling more difficult than Lefty's. Hopefully it tapers off soon and feels more like the recovery you experienced a mere five months ago. I'm betting your son will be a great caregiver and attentive to your needs just as you cared for him through the years when he was feeling less than stellar. Hopefully your meds are keeping your pain well managed and you're resting comfortably.
Wishing you a peaceful sunny day as you begin the journey! :SUNsmile:
@Wobbly49

@Wobbly49 good to hear from.you, sorry for the rough start, hopefully it levels out real soon. Right now you just concentrate on resting and healing. Have a peaceful weekend! :friends:

Hello! Well, you got through your surgery and it sounds a little on the rough side. I hope each day now gets easier for you. You have had a busy 2019!
You well know the recovery mantras so I won't bore you with talk of ice, elevation and rest. Nope, I won't bring it up at all. :thumb:

Take care and looking forward to the next update. :flwrysmile:

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all well?

I'm starting to feel much better now, it's always good to be recovering at home. Surprising that I've come so far - recovery wise - in such a short space of time

Going to get hubby to take me on a little walk up the drive tomorrow if this rain stays away, could do with some fresh air, not brave or silly enough to go on my own it's starting to feel more like winter now and that will bring it's own challenges I'm sure I'm terrified when it's raining always convinced I'll slip.

Looking forward to see how my mobility changes, to see if having the new hips helps the arthritis etc in my spine - and I'm not expecting any miracles I'll take any improvement going even if it's only 5 mins walking at a time it's much better than I've had for years.

Really looking forward to having a lovely holiday with my hubby, and maybe actually not having to use walking sticks / crutches / mobility scooter all of the time. Eventually maybe taking the grandkids swimming and baking with them

Thank you so much for all your good wishes

Wobbly xx

What a wonderful update, Wobbly. You sound so hopeful and upbeat.
With any luck the weather cooperates for you enough tomorrow to enjoy a walk with hubs up the driveway in the fresh air. I'm with you and also fear slipping. Winters are especially concerning with the icy pavement everywhere. We simply have to be careful and take it slow. It's all we can do aside from hibernating, which I'm not down for. :nah:

I hope you notice some positive changes in your spine as a result of the surgery. Keep up the good work. There's still room for lots of improvement and surprises along the way. Have a wonderful Sunday and a great week! :SUNsmile:
@Wobbly49

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks