Will this bike work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr82cu2

post-grad
Country
United States United States
What do you all think about me using this bike post op, during recovery? We were driving along and someone had it sitting at the end of their drive with a FREE sign on it. We snatched it up, needless to say. I had been thinking I should think about buying one. This one works your arms too. Do you think this will be all right to work on ROM?

2hwctj8.jpg

I would be careful on that bike, at least early in recovery, for this reason...it's a fixed gear bike (not freewheeling or magnetic resistance). Once you get to a certain speed there is no way to stop the momentum of the pedals. I used my fixed gear spinner for rehab, but I was very careful to keep the speed low for ROM. I would get used to the bike before surgery if possible.

Thank you @trailspud I have ZERO experience with this kind of bike. Heck, I haven't sat or ridden on any kind of bike in well over 20 years. I tried it out a couple of times today and thought I might have a hard time getting myself sat on there after surgery, for awhile. It will take some trial and error. It felt to me like the seat was so high and even with it that high my legs were bending well past 90 degrees. My first PT appointment is a week after my surgery. I won't even attempt this (after surgery) until I've talked to them about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom