Will they cancel my surgery if I have a cold sore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denpucc

senior
Country
United States United States
I woke up today with a cold sore and my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. Does anyone know if they will cancel my surgery because if this cold sore? I know it is a very silly question but I've waited 9 months due to work and family commitments so I'm really concerned.

Thx!
Denise

Thank you, Tim. Of course I won't be able to reach anyone until Monday and I will worry all weekend!

Hugs
Denise

Nooo! They won't worry about that. Cold sores are a very mild viral infection called herpes simplex. It's of no consequence whatsoever.

Thank you so much Josephine and Tim! Now I have just make sure I don't catch the stomach flu from my son and I will be good to go!!!

Getting an infection was my fear before my surgery. Two friends, usually lovely and considerate, decided to visit us four days before my surgery, and both of them had coughs and colds. As it was warm outside I went straight out there and had coffee with them outside and sat as far away from them as I could without appearing rude.

I agree with Jo. I would not cancel a knee replacement due to a cold sore.

Orthodoc

I worry about these things, too, Denise. I had a small scratch on the side of my temple, and it got red and sore last week. It's healing now, but I found myself wondering, too. Also I worry because I take a biologic drug for rheumatoid arthritis, and I get infections easier than I used to. They stopped that drug as soon as they scheduled my surgery, but like you, I'm waiting until tomorrow to get an answer as to whether I'm at more risk for an infection, having been on this drug. This all happened so fast ~!

I hope you feel some relief and can get some rest tonight......I'm in the same boat....don't want anything to go wrong~! Take care, Kerry

TY everyone. My cold sore is almost non-existent and I've stayed away from my son and feel good other than the nerves for tomorrow!

Hi Denise and Kerry,
I bet Josephine is right.
Hope you both have a go ahead for your surgeries!!
Thinking positive thoughts.:)
Take care and Best wishes, Paula

Wondering how Denise is doing today, and how her surgery went..........sending healing thoughts to you in NJ, Denise~! :)

Hi Giraffe, I was wondering how both you and Denise are doing. I've tried to "follow" you, and her and others but it doesn't work. How are you feeling??
I hope your surgery went well and that they are managing your pain properly. :) I hope your Mom's mind is peaceful also.
Best wishes and ((Hugs)), Paula

I was wondering how she is doing, as well. Perhaps the pain meds are getting the best of her, or that the hospital does not have wi-fi!

Hi Giraffe...Thanks ...:) Going there to read your posts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
K Bel