Will I Be Happy Post LTHR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick82

Country
United States United States
I am about to have a left THR next Wednesday after hip core decompression procedure caused my hip to collapse. Please tell me I will finally be happy again as I have AVN in both hips.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

@Derrick82 Welcome to BoneSmart. I moved your post to a thread of your own. You had posted on a thread in the recovery area. You will get much more response here from other members going through the same journey.

I can confirm you will indeed be delighted post LTHR! No more hip pain! My left hip collapsed also. Nasty pain to deal with!
I have AVN in both hips
Are you planning on having your right replaced as well?

Yes I am actually having the right one done first then will find out Mon how far along left hip has advanced!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Derrick what is AVN? How bad had your hips got before opting for surgery and how active do you aim to be post recovery? The reason I ask is that I've only recently been told I have severe OA in both hips and I'm a fire fighter hoping to stay in this job for another 15 years as it's what I love doing.
PS-hope your procedure goes well

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi Derrick82, how did you discover you ahd AVN? What stage of disease were you in? also did they use stem cells?
I hop you are recovering from your surgery! Best wishes and hope yo ehar from you soon.
Best

Congrats on the new hip, I bet you will be very happy with your new hip, stats are in your favor :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads