Bilateral THR Why is hip clicking?

1stZoe

Country
United States United States
I had both hips replaced 6 years ago and now one has started clicking. I'm in great health, only weigh 130 lbs and this surgery was my first hospitalization (except for tonsils & 6 babies). Recently my right hip has been clicking. And that was the hip on which a screw was used to secure the socket (the left was just secured with "cement"), I'm, obviously wondering WHY it's clicking?
The thigh muscle is also weaker than that of my other leg. Any help in knowing what might be causing the clicking & the weakness would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the forum. I have no experience with clicking in the hip. However, I do know there are articles in our library under the hip category, noise issues, that you could review while waiting for another to come by and help. I wish you success in finding the needed answers.

Hello @1stZoe
Welcome to BoneSmart. Thanks for joining us. I’m sorry you’re dealing with some clicking and uncertainty as to the reason. Since it’s been six years since your surgery, I‘d advise you touch base with your surgeon. I’m sure through a brief conversation with a member of his team they’ll be able to determine whether you need to schedule an office visit. Please let us know how it goes.

Also wondering if you‘d provide the exact dates for each of your surgeries and which hip was replaced on each date. We will apply that info as your signature.
Thanks in advance. :)

Both of my sockets have screws for what that's worth. I have had a clicking with both but early on and it must have been tendons moving. Haven't had it lately that I noticed.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Scaredtodeath
Recent bookmarks