whoops! I woke up on my stomach! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngmom

Hi everyone and good day to you. I'm 6 weeks out from a LTHR (tomorrow actually). Like a lot of us, I'm having trouble sleeping. A couple of times this past week I woke up on my stomach. It didnt' seem to hurt so I've been carefully flipping over more and more. Is this really going to mess me up? I'm not a really big person and I can feel my hip bones (uh...bone) pressing up against the matress. I'm going in for my 6 week follow up tomorrow andI will ask then. Is anyone else doing this?

youngmom
I am a side sleeper to that never happened to me. If you did not wake up dislocated I don't think any harm happened. Glad you are sleeping well enough to flip!!!!
Of course your doc will be the best person to answer that one. glad you have an apt.
judy

I can't imagine it would be a problem. Just be careful how you turn back over (as you did!).

hey young i did that a few times, yeah just be carefull when you turn back over and if your not feeling any pain more so than the usual recovering pain, i think you should be fine :)

Same thing happenned to me just at 6 weeks after I saw my OS and had restrictions lifted (including the pillow between the legs). Without that barricade I woke up on my stomach too. The first couple of times I did a OMG OMG OMG :shk: but then calmed down. I was gentle rolling back over and no harm done.

gosh I love this group you enlighten and also you make me laugh and I love learning from all of you since we have been through or going through what others are questioning thank you for making my day and answering questions I wonder about

1st thats cute you say you woke up on your tummy. Im a knee so I really dont know but I guess if it didnt hurt. yes just be careful.....At first I had to stay on my back. Im a side person, so the first time I woke up on my side I was scared to look down at my knee.lol..But everything was fine....Good luck to you...........

When I was pregnant I found it REALLY hard to roll over, so I would wake up, grab the bedhead and hoy myself over.....ever since then when I need to roll onto my right side i wake up and do the same....I'm used to it but it kind of annoys me....any suggestions as to how to get out of this habit. Its difficult as I can't help waking up and then I have done it before I realise....
Rachel

After I moved off the recliner this happened to me a few times. I am primarily a side sleeper, but somehow ended up on my stomach. It was hard to get turned over. For me even scarier was that I woke up on my operated leg!! A bit more painful on my operated side than my stomach. I know that wasn't good. I am a crazy sleeper (when I was sleeping at all). Still have a lot of trouble sleeping to be honest, except tonight I think, I'm exhausted!! Moral of the story... I don't think you should make a habit of being on your stomach while you're on restrictions, yet if you wake up that way don't stress too much!

Or else just have your partner roll you back over!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom