TKR Bip and Bop<

I hope your fever is nothing, just one of those things that happen after a tkr. Please let us know!

Everything looks real good incision etc just got myself real anxious blood pressure thru roof etc. crying over nothing. Guess you guys are still right. I have to go to my Primary care Dr Wednesday and with the flu season so bad I'm going to find a mask before I go

One thing I'll be glad when I can put some positive stuff on here. I'm not usually this whiny but I need to write it somewhere. Sorry everyone and thanks for all your advice

We are here for you and we understand exactly what you are going through. Try to calm down. Stress increases pain. How's your fever? Do you have anymore symptoms?

You are not whiny, you are recovering from major surgery just days ago! I cried buckets those first weeks! And, I was actually angry that I had invited this invasion to my body and how hard the recovery was. THEN at about 4 weeks post op is when I learned this recovery takes a YEAR!!!! No one told me that beforehand. Yes, I was quite upset for a while.

We understand how you feel and what you’re going through. We also understand the pressure you are under to progress to someone else’s timetable (which is wrong!)

Yes, we understand. :console2:

Went to see my primary care Dr today let me tell you that was a profile on courage lol.
She was really happy with how everything looks. I did have her raise my bp meds for a while since this anxiety is putting it thru the roof. And she said St. John's wart might help with the anxiety problem as she knows I stay away free m drugs as much as possible medication is drugs no matter what it's not for and St. John's wart is herbal. I've never needed anything like that but I new about it so when I go to the bone Dr I'll pick some up. I just wanted to get back to my bed and ice today

I order mine from Amazon, then I don't have to leave the house! St Johns Wart does help with depression and anxiety.

Last edited:
I heard years ago that walnuts are good for depression, too.

@ATHIKER I'll post this thread here again. Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it What you are feeling is totally normal. This will ease with time. Just be kind to yourself. Don't set unrealistic expectations and celebrate the milestones - no matter how small. Recovery is a bit of a roller coaster ride. You are doing great!

Today was a good day I think I'll remember this one on purpose.
My PT seemed to make a little progress. We learned the other day that my quads were quite tight ( they always have been from the hiking) so my PT guy gave me a great massage and it loosened it up so that the stretching wasn't so hard to do. So today he started with the massage and I felt we made progress. So I had a good day. Staples come out tomorrow

Oh another question will my Dr give me another script for pain meds cause I still need them on time every time

will my Dr give me another script for pain meds cause I still need them on time every time
I sure hope he does. But, he might give you a step down like Tramadol. If so, you can take that with Tylenol to increase it's effect. I'll leave you the chart just in case he does. Remember to always add in all the Tylenol you're taking in everything.

Did you get my PM?

The first is for 4-hourly doses and the second for 6-hourly:
aa-tramadol-routine-2-jpg.51125

Right now I take Percocet 7.5 at 12-6-12-6. And Tramadol ai3-9-3-9 and it keeps the pain under control very well

That sounds like you have a very good schedule you have there! I just suggested the last one in case your OS doesn't renew your current Percocet. Hopefully, you'll have no problem with getting more of them. Your knee is still an infant and you need good pain control.

How did the staple removal go?

He did reduce the dosage on the Percocet to a Oxy 5 every 8 hrs so I have to rewrite my schedule it should be ok. Everything's gn looks great he said and the staples are now out

Here's a picture after staples were removed today

Attachments

• IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 285
He had a chuckle when I asked him why he didn't remove the fat around my knee while he was at it

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom